|Time zone||EET (UTC+2)|
|• Summer (DST)||+3 (UTC)|
Sheikh Ijlin (Arabic: الشيخ عجلين) is a neighborhood in southern Gaza City near the coastal road. On November 18, 2002, the Israeli Defense Forces (IDF) attacked the neighborhood, destroying the offices of the Preventive Security Force of the Palestinian National Authority.
- from a personal name, according to Palmer, 1881, p. 362
- Israeli Occupying Forces Systematically Attack Civilian Property in Khan Yunis (Gaza Strip) Applied Research Institute - Jerusalem. 2005-01-27.
- Khaled Amayreh. Expanding the settlements. Al-Ahram Weekly. 2002-11-27.
- Guérin, Victor (1869). Description Géographique Historique et Archéologique de la Palestine (in French). 1: Judee, pt. 2. Paris: L'Imprimerie Nationale. (visit in 1863: p. 214)
- Palmer, E. H. (1881). The Survey of Western Palestine: Arabic and English Name Lists Collected During the Survey by Lieutenants Conder and Kitchener, R. E. Transliterated and Explained by E.H. Palmer. Committee of the Palestine Exploration Fund.