Sheila Matthews Allen
|Sheila Mathews Allen|
|Born||Sheila Marie Mathews
February 2, 1929
New York, New York, U.S.
|Died||November 15, 2013
Malibu, California, U.S.
|Forest Lawn Memorial Park|
|Spouse(s)||Irwin Allen (1974–1991; his death)|
Sheila Mathews Allen (February 2, 1929 – November 15, 2013) was an American actress.
Life and career
Born Sheila Marie Mathews in New York City to Christopher Joseph and Elizabeth (née McCloskey) Mathews, she was married to producer Irwin Allen until his death in 1991. She appeared in several of her husband's TV series and movies through to 1986. Appearances include City Beneath the Sea, Lost in Space, Land of the Giants, The Poseidon Adventure and The Towering Inferno. Following his death in 1991 she remained on the board of Irwin Allen Productions up until her death. She also served as a producer on the 2002 television remake of The Time Tunnel and as Executive Producer of the film Poseidon.
- State Fair (1962) as Hipplewaite's Girl
- Five Weeks in a Balloon (1962) as the Courtier
- The Poseidon Adventure (1972) as the Nurse
- The Towering Inferno (1974) as "Paula Ramsay"
- Viva Knievel! (1977) as "Sister Charity"
- When Time Ran Out (1980) as "Mona"
- Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea, 1 episode as Mrs. Melton
- Lost in Space (3 episodes; as "Aunt Gamma", "Brynhilda" and "Ruth Templeton", respectively)
- The Time Tunnel, (1966 - 1967 TV series), Producer
- Land of the Giants (2 episodes; as Miss Collier, Nurse Helg, respectively)
- City Beneath the Sea (TV movie), as the blonde woman
- The Waltons, 5 episodes, as "Fanny Tatum"
- Alice in Wonderland (TV movie), as Alice's Mother
- Outrage! (TV movie), as "Mrs. Delehanty"
|This article about a United States film actor or actress born in the 1920s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|