||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2013)|
21 December 1937 |
Reid has had a long and distinguished career in theatre, film and television, and worked with Laurence Olivier at the Royal National Theatre. In 1980, she played the long-suffering wife of Trevor Howard in Vivian Stanshall's Sir Henry at Rawlinson End. She played Mrs. Buttle in Terry Gilliam's 1985 cult classic Brazil the same year she appeared as Etta in the dystopian Doctor Who serial Vengeance on Varos, years later in the revived incarnation of the series she twice appeared as the grandmother of companion Clara Oswald The Time of the Doctor in 2013 and Dark Water in 2014, appeared in the TV series All Creatures Great and Small as Mrs Donavan, a rather eccentric woman offering treatments to animals in rivalry to James Herriot and Siegried Farnon, and also had a brief appearance in the first series of Auf Wiedersehen, Pet. From 2007 onward, she has appeared as Madge Harvey in Benidorm. She made an appearance in the final episode of series 1 of BBC Two's 2009 sitcom Psychoville as an old crone; and as an old lady in the 2012 Christmas special edition of Call the Midwife.
She plays Bob Servant's mother in the BBC4 production Bob Servant
She also appeared as the wife of D.C.I. Frank Haskins in the last series of The Sweeney in the episode "Victims".
- Othello (1965)
- Three Sisters (1970)
- Sir Henry at Rawlinson End (1980)
- The Dresser (1983)
- Doctor Who (TV) (1985) 2x 45 min episodes: "Vengeance on Varos"
- Brazil (1985)
- Mrs Caldicot's Cabbage War (2002)
- Benidorm (TV) 2007–15, 2016– as Madge Harvey
- Psychoville (TV) 2009 1 Episode
- Hush (2009 film) as Mrs. Coates
- Casualty (TV) 2010 1 Episode
- Midsomer Murders (TV) 2003 1 Episode
- Call the Midwife (TV) 2012 1 Episode
- Doctor Who (TV) 2013-2014 2 episodes: "The Time of the Doctor", "Dark Water"
- Casualty (TV) 2014 as Gwen
- Father Brown (TV) 2015 as Lady Edna Forbes-Leith, episode 3.9 "The Truth in the Wine".
Select National Theatre credits
- The Master Builder (1964)
- Othello (1964/65)
- The Crucible (1965) directed by Laurence Olivier
- Love for Love (1965)
- Three Sisters (1967/68) directed by Olivier
- Home and Beauty (1968/69)
- Love's Labour's Lost (1968)
- Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street (1993)
Select Other Theatre credits
- Martin Guerre: Prince Edward Theatre: London (1996)
- The Importance of Being Earnest: Theatre Royal Haymarket: London (1999)
- "CENTENARY OLD MORETONIAN REUNION". Moreton Hall School. 16 June 2014. Retrieved 23 May 2015.
- ">"Benidorm Star's Real Life Wedding". The Mirror. 16 May 2008. Retrieved 29 May 2008.