Sheira & Loli's Dittydoodle Works
|This article is an orphan, as no other articles link to it. (January 2013)|
Sheira and Loli's Dittydoodle Works is a half-hour weekly children's series for preschoolers airing nationally on public television stations in the United States. The series is produced by Rogar Studios, in association with WLIW in New York City.
Originating in a magical musical factory, rag doll twins Sheira and Loli are the hosts in the world they share with their friends: resident visual artist Miss Molly, Doodles the wise-cracking crayon, eccentric but brilliant Professor Eeky Eeky Kronk, the good-natured troublemaker Zippy the Kwirk, and the childlike factory helpers, Professor Squeeky Squeeky Kronk (introduced in season 2) and the Funkins (Pink-a-Dink and Bluedles).
Celebrity guests for the first season include pianist/composer Marvin Hamlisch, who helps a discouraged Loli with her piano lessons in "Practice, Patience and Persistence" (episode #104), and R&B singer Chaka Khan as Mother Nature in "4 Leaf Clover" (episode #115).
Sheira and Loli's Dittydoodle Works features music written and performed by the real-life inspiration for the series' main characters, twins Sheira and Loli Brayer. The sisters' performances on Sheira and Loli's Ditties for Little Kiddies-Volume #1, and Dittydoodle Works Celebrates the Holidays garnered two iParenting Media Awards.
The characters' diverse personalities are designed to provide opportunities to teach positive emotional, social, and educational lessons as young viewers learn, along with the characters, about self-esteem, cooperation, relationships, fitness, and concepts about nature, the physical world, and literacy.
The characters were introduced to public television audiences on WLIW as a series of music video shorts, bumpers, and segments between children's programs, which were nominated for a New York Emmy and received a New York State Broadcasters Award. The creative team includes veterans of some of the most notable and award-winning productions to come out of Broadway, dance, film, and public and cable television. The team includes Mark Saltzman, a former writer at Sesame Street for nearly a decade; Alan Adelman, lighting designer of numerous television and stage productions, including Alvin Ailey American Dance Theater, Great Performances, Live from Lincoln Center, and more; and Dean Gordon of the popular PBS children's series Between the Lions. Joseph Baker, one of Broadway's most sought-after composers and arrangers, oversees the series' music with Sheira Brayer. Baker has worked on such Broadway hits as Les Misérables, The Phantom of the Opera, and The Lion King.
- Sheira: Julie Smith (Season 1) / Brittany Moore (Season 2)
- Loli: Claudine O' Rourke (Season 1) / Elena Schloss (Season 2)
- Professor Eeky Eeky Kronk: Steve Robbins
- Miss Molly: Janeece Freeman
- Bluedies: Brittany Moore (Season 1) / Whitney Crites (Season 2)
- Pink-a-Dink: Heidi Hanson (Season 1) / Tammy Paulino (Season 2)
- Professor Squeeky Squeeky Kronk: Kevin Steele (Season 2)
- Puppeteers: Eric Engelhardt (Season 1+2)
- Puppeteers: J.D. Quinn (Season 1)
- Puppeteers: Daniel Weissbrodt (Season 2 + all online content)
- Vocals: Sheira & Leora "Loli" Brayer
- Sheira’s Pen Pal
- Feelings and Communication
- Practice, Patience and Persistence
- Shrinky Shrinky Kronk
- My Froggy The Prince
- Make It Write
- You Are What You Eat
- ‘Tis Better To Give
- Pilfered Piggy
- Sick of Being Sick
- Better To Be Kind
- 4 Leaf Clover
- Together or Alone?
- Professor Pedro
- Froggy My Love
- Who Switched the Switcher?
- Halfway Around the World to be with Friends
- Be What You Want To Be
- Peer Pressure
- Have No Fear
- Be My Own Kwirk
- Meet Squeeky
- Dear Diary
- Not Now
- No Lies
- Make Room for Zimbot
- Laughter Heels
- Pay Attention
- Where'd I Put It?
- Betty Rose
- Since You've Been Gone
- Sheira and Loli's Dittydoodle Works Season 1 Episode Guide
- Sheira and Loli's Dittydoodle Works Season 2 Episode Guide
- Program Listings
- Sheira & Loli's Dittydoodle Works: Summary, Description, Season 1's Episode Guide & Songs in each episode