Shekhawat is a sub-clan of Kachwaha Rajputs found mainly in Rajasthan, India. The Shekhawat clan claims descent from Shekha of Amarsar, the Rajput warrior, and were once rulers of Shekhawati.
List of Thikanas 
Notable people 
- Maha Rao Shekha
- Maharao Shardul Singh, ruler of Jhunjhunu
- Raja Ajit Singh of Khetri
- Thakur Bhojraj, ruler of Udaipurwati and ancestor of Bhojraj Ji Ka Shekhawats
- Thakur Nawal Singh Bahadur, ruler of Nawalgarh and Mandawa
- Thakur Zorawar Singh, eldest son of Shardul Singh (Ruler of Jhunjhunu), his successors founded and ruled over the Thikanas of Malsisar, Taen, Mandrella, Chowkari, Gangiyasar etc.
- Admiral V.S.Shekhawat, Ex. Chief of the Indian Navy
- Kripal Singh Shekhawat, awarded Padma Shri for the revival of blue pottery in Shekhawati.
- Lt.Col. Saurabh Singh Shekhawat (21 para Special Forces- Indian Army's elite commando unit), awarded Kirti Chakra, Shaurya Chakra, Sena Medal and Vishisht Seva Medal for his various acts of gallantry and distinguished services. He holds the distinction of climbing Mt.Everest for a record number of three times. His ancestral village is Dhani Daulat Singh, Alwar.
Further reading 
- Thakur Ranbir Singh Shekhawat (Dundlod) History of Shekhawats,Jaipur, 2001 ISBN 81-86782-74-5
External links 
- Shekhawat Dynasty, Indian Princely States, Genealogical Gleanings Royal and Noble Lineages.