Sheldon Township, Iroquois County, Illinois
Location in Iroquois County
Iroquois County's location in Illinois
|Established||February 19, 1868|
|• Total||39.67 sq mi (102.7 km2)|
|• Land||39.67 sq mi (102.7 km2)|
|• Water||0 sq mi (0 km2) 0%|
|Elevation||689 ft (210 m)|
|• Density||34.6/sq mi (13.4/km2)|
|Time zone||CST (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|ZIP codes||60953, 60966, 60970|
|GNIS feature ID||0429740|
Sheldon Township is one of twenty-six townships in Iroquois County, Illinois, USA. As of the 2010 census, its population was 1,374 and it contained 613 housing units. Sheldon Township was formed from Concord Township on February 19, 1868.
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 39.67 square miles (102.7 km2), all land.
Cities, towns, villages
(This list is based on USGS data and may include former settlements.)
The township contains Sheldon Cemetery.
Airports and landing strips
- Disosway Airport
- Illinois' 15th congressional district
- State House District 105
- State Senate District 53
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-28.
- "Sheldon Township, Iroquois County, Illinois". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2010-01-17.
- United States Census Bureau 2007 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- United States National Atlas
||Middleport Township||Concord Township|
|Belmont Township||Jefferson Township, Newton County, Indiana
York Township, Benton County, Indiana