Shellharbour Junction railway station
Southbound view in November 2014
|Address||Piper Drive, Flinders
|Distance||108.89 kilometres from Central|
|Opened||22 November 2014|
|Fare zone||MyZone 3|
Shellharbour Junction station is a railway station on the South Coast line in New South Wales. It replaced Dunmore station. The new station is closer to new residential development around the suburb of Flinders. By comparison, Dunmore had very little residential development.
The station was originally to be called Flinders, but in February 2013 it was announced that the station would instead be named Shell Cove. Construction commenced in August 2013. In September 2014, station signage was erected confirming the station would be named Shellharbour Junction. It opened on 22 November 2014.
Platforms & services
Shellharbour Junction has two side platforms. It is serviced by NSW TrainLink South Coast line services travelling between Sydney Central, Bondi Junction and Kiama. The station has two platforms. Platform 1 is situated on a long passing loop. Some peak hour services to Sydney use Platform 1 to pass southbound services during peak hours. At all other times, both southbound and northbound trains use Platform 2.
|1||South Coast Line||H set electric services to Sydney Central & Bondi Junction||Only used by some peak hour services to Sydney|
|2||South Coast Line||H set electric services to Kiama, Sydney Central & Bondi Junction|
Premier Illawarra operates one bus route to and from Shellharbour Junction station:
- Media related to Shellharbour Junction railway station at Wikimedia Commons
- Flinders to get new rail station by 2014 Illawarra Mercury 22 April 2012
- Shell Cove station to be 'a community asset Illawarra Mercury 16 February 2013
- Shell Cove Transport for NSW
- Shellharbour Junction signs goes up before approval Illawarra Mercury 15 September 2014
- New Shellharbour Junction set to open Illawarra Mercury 6 November 2014
- NSW Government delivers extra train seats for South Coast customers Transport for NSW 7 November 2014
- Brand new Shellharbour Junction Station ready to open to customers Transport for NSW 21 November 2014
- South Coast Line timetable NSW TrainLink 20 October 2013
- Route 52 timetable Premier Illawarra November 2014
- Shellharbour Junction station details Sydney Trains