Shelton Glen ("Shelly") Berg (born August 18, 1955) is a jazz pianist from Cleveland, Ohio. His father was trumpet player Jay Berg. At the age of six Shelly Berg entered the Cleveland Institute of Music studying classical piano. Berg earned Bachelor of Music and Master of Music degrees from the University of Houston School of Music.
He has mostly devoted himself to being a music educator, but has also recorded critically acclaimed albums. In 2006, he arranged most of the songs on the album entitled Ray Sings, Basie Swings (Concord 2006). Shelly Berg was previously the McCoy/Sample Professor of Jazz Studies at the USC Thornton School of Music. In April 2007, he was named Dean of the Frost School of Music at the University of Miami.
- The Joy (DMP 1995) with Lou Fischer, Steve Houghton, Randy Drake
- The Will: A Tribute To Oscar Peterson (CARS 1998) with Ray Brown and Ed Thigpen
- Pieces Of String (Viewpoint 2003) with John Fremgen and Peter Erskine
- Blackbird (Concord Records 2005) with Chuck Berghofer and Gregg Field
- The Nearness of You (Arbors Records 2009) solo piano
-  Official Website
|This article on an American jazz pianist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|