Shen Yang (chess player)
|Full name||Shen Yang|
January 23, 1989 |
Nanjing, Jiangsu, China
|Title||Woman Grand Master (WGM)|
|FIDE rating||2455 (July 2014)
(No. 54 ranked woman in the November 2012 FIDE World Rankings)
|Peak rating||2468 (October 2006)|
Shen Yang (simplified Chinese: 沈阳; traditional Chinese: 沈陽; pinyin: Shěn Yáng; born January 23, 1989 in Nanjing, Jiangsu) was the 2009 Women's Chess Champion of China. She gained the Woman Grandmaster title in 2006.
A notable game occurred in the World Team Chess Championship, held in Beersheba, Israel on October–November 2005, where Shen - then rated 2326 - managed to defeat 2652-rated Russian GM Sergei Rublevsky.
In the Russian Team Championship Shen plays for the women's team of ACADEMY Tomsk on Board 2.
In March 2014 she came 2nd in the women's Chinese Chess Championship.
- 2004 China Individual Championship (Women's) in Lanzhou, Gansu (November 11–22, 2004); score 7.5/11
- World Women's Championship Zonal 3.3 (China) in Beijing (October 20–25, 2005); score 5.5/9
- Aeroflot Open 2006 Tournament A2 Group in Moscow (February 8–16, 2006); score 5.0/9
- WCTC – China loses but retains the lead CHESSBASE NEWS. 10.11.2005
- Shen Yang and Zaven Andriasian World Junior Champions CHESSBASE NEWS. 17.10.2006.
- China wins Women's Team Championship by two points CHESSBASE NEWS. 30.05.2007.
- Tomsk leads in the Russian Team Championships CHESSBASE NEWS. 06.05.2007.
- Fifth China vs Russia Match in Ningpo
- Shen Yang (chess player) player profile and games at Chessgames.com
- Interview with Shen Yang 2nd Mixed Chess Match, The Calaveras Fest 2007, Aguascalientes, Mexico.
|Women's Chinese Chess Champion