October 24, 1989 |
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
|Other names||Shenae Grimes-Beech|
|Spouse(s)||Josh Beech (m. 2013)|
Shenae Grimes-Beech (//; née Grimes; born October 24, 1989) is a Canadian actress. She portrayed the role of Annie Wilson on 90210, a spin-off of Beverly Hills, 90210. Prior to that she played Darcy Edwards on Degrassi: The Next Generation. She was also a recurring guest star on the series Naturally, Sadie, and had a cameo role in the horror film Scream 4.
Grimes was born in Toronto, Ontario. She has three siblings, Aiden, Liam and Maya. She attended Forest Hill Public School for elementary school. She attended Forest Hill Collegiate Institute, along with her Degrassi co-star, Aubrey Graham (Drake). She interned at Toronto's Fashion Television as part of her high school education. Grimes attended City Academy, a private school for her last two years of high school.
Beginning with a recurring role in 2004, Grimes became a lead character on Degrassi: The Next Generation in 2006, playing the role of Darcy Edwards. In 2008, Grimes left the series and Canada after being cast as Annie Wilson in 90210, the CW's spin-off of Beverly Hills, 90210.
She also appeared in Picture This with Ashley Tisdale and with her former Degrassi: The Next Generation co-star Lauren Collins, and then in True Confessions of a Hollywood Starlet alongside singer JoJo.
In 2009, Grimes was named one of the world's most beautiful people, without makeup, by People magazine. She also appeared in a music video for rock band Our Lady Peace's single "All You Did Was Save My Life".
Grimes appears in the 2010 silent fashion short film Unzipped. She wrote and directed a 2010 music video for her song "Myself and I", which features an appearance by her 90210 co-star Ryan Eggold. She also participated in YouTuber Freddie Wong's video "Gun Size Matters". She made a cameo in the horror film Scream 4, released in April 2011.
In 2011, she traveled to Japan with her 90210 costars AnnaLynne McCord and Jessica Stroup to attend the Asia Girls Explosion (AGE) in Tokyo, after filming 90210's third season finale. Grimes was caught up in Japan due to the events of the tsunami and earthquakes. According to the actress, she was at Buddha's temple at the time when the earthquakes first occurred. Consequently, she started a campaign called "Spread The Heart" with the aim of supporting Japan by victim relief after the events of the tsunami and earthquakes. Many celebrities joined the campaign which later became a big movement.
In the fall of 2011, she directed a music video for Megan and Liz's original song "Are You Happy Now?" to raise awareness about anti-bullying, in partnership with DoSomething.org.
In 2013, she starred in the movie Sugar about a runaway girl living on the streets of Venice, Los Angeles.
Grimes began dating British model and musician Josh Beech in March 2012. In December 2012, after nine months of dating, Grimes announced that she and Beech were engaged. They were married on May 10, 2013 in Ashford, Kent, England.
|2005||Shania: A Life in Eight Albums||Eilleen Twain 13–16 years||Television film|
|2008||Picture This||Cayenne||Television film|
|2008||True Confessions of a Hollywood Starlet||Marissa Dahl||Television film|
|2008||Cross Road, TheThe Cross Road||Bridget|
|2009||Dead Like Me: Life After Death||Jennifer Hardick||Direct-to-video|
|2010||Gun Size Matters||Herself||Short film|
|2011||Scream 4||Trudie Harrold||Cameo appearance|
|2014||Soulmates||Eva Braun||Short film
|2004–08||Degrassi: The Next Generation||Darcy Edwards||Recurring (seasons 4–5); main cast (seasons 6–7); guest star (season 8); 40 episodes|
|2005||Biography||Teenage Shania Twain||Episode: "Shania Twain"|
|2005||Kevin Hill||Katie Lassman||Episode: "Sacrificial Lambs"|
|2005–07||Naturally, Sadie||Arden Alcott||15 episodes|
|2006||72 Hours: True Crime||Teenage girl||Episode "Lust"|
|2007||Latest Buzz, TheThe Latest Buzz||Rebecca Harper||Unaired pilot episode|
|2008–13||90210||Annie Wilson||Main cast; 114 episodes|
|2009||Overruled!||Abby||Uncredited; episode: "Style Conscience"|
|2010||Hills, TheThe Hills||Herself||Episode: "Between a Rocker and a Hard Place"|
|2012||Punk'd||Herself||Episode: "Tyler the Creator"|
|2012||America's Next Top Model||Herself||Episode: "The Girl Who Cries Home"|
|2012||Britain & Ireland's Next Top Model||Herself||Cycle 8, episode 12|
|2014||A Hazing Secret||Megan Harris||LMN TV movie|
|2009||"All You Did Was Save My Life"||Our Lady Peace||Shot in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada|
|2010||"Myself and I"||Shenae Grimes||Grimes' directorial, singing and songwriting debut|
|2011||"Are You Happy Now?"||Megan & Liz|
Awards and nominations
|2006||Young Artist Award||Best Young Ensemble Performance in a TV Series (Comedy or Drama)||Degrassi: The Next Generation||Nominated||(Shared with: Dalmar Abuzeid, John Bregar, Deanna Casaluce, Daniel Clark, Lauren Collins, Ryan Cooley, Marc Donato, Jake Epstein, Stacey Farber, Aubrey Graham, Jake Goldsbie, Jamie Johnston, Shane Kippel, Andrea Lewis, Mike Lobel, Miriam McDonald, Melissa McIntyre, Daniel Morrison, Adamo Ruggiero, Cassie Steele and Sarah Barrable-Tishauer)|
|2007||Gemini Award||Best Performance in a Children's or Youth Program or Series||Degrassi: The Next Generation||Won|
|2008||Monaco International Film Festival||Best Ensemble Cast||The Cross Road||Won||(Shared with: Tommy Lioutas, Garen Boyajian, Bruce Gooch and Sean O'Neill)|
|2010||Teen Choice Award||Choice TV: Female Scene Stealer||90210||Nominated|
- "Shenae Grimes-Beech, brand ambassador of Annabelle Cosmetics!". annabelle.ca. February 4, 2014. Retrieved 2011-08-18.
- "Shenae Grimes: Biography". TV Guide. Retrieved 2011-08-18.
- "Stars Without Makeup". People. May 11, 2009. Retrieved 2011-08-18.
- Shenae Grimes hooks up with OLP in the 905 – Eonline.com. Retrieved 2009-05-02.
- "Shenae Grimes Unzipped Fashion Film on FashionTelevision". theadvocatestoronto.com. August 17, 2010. Retrieved 2011-09-17.
- She can do it all! 90210's Shenae Grimes writes, sings AND directs music video - Mail Online. August 12, 2010.
- Gun Size Matters YouTube video created September 22, 2010
- Reiher, Andrea (August 27, 2010). "Scream 4: Shenae Grimes, Lucy Hale definitely in for a fright". zap2it. Retrieved 2010-09-24.
- "'90210' Stars Walk At The Asia Girls Explosion". lcronin09. Retrieved 2011-11-18.
- "Shenae Grimes Talks Being in Japan During Earthquake, Starting Relief Campaign (VIDEO)". Aimee Deeken. Retrieved 2011-11-08.
- "Shenae Grimetragic: Spread The Heart". the joey parker movement. Retrieved 2011-07-18.
- Fisher, Kelly (May 26, 2011). "'90210' Star Shenae Grimes: Grateful for 'Amazing' Teen Vogue Internship". PopEaster. Retrieved 2011-07-18.
- "'90210's' Shenae Grimes sometimes begs for spare change on the street - Zap2it". Blog.zap2it.com. 2011-04-02. Retrieved 2013-06-16.
- "INTERVIEW: Shenae Grimes". Miss O & Friends. Retrieved 2011-08-06.
- "90210's Shenae Grimes is engaged". E! News. December 7, 2012. Retrieved 2012-12-07.
- Grimes, Shenae (May 10, 2013). "Twitter / shenaegrimes : I now pronounce us Mr. and ...". Twitter.com. Retrieved June 11, 2013.
- Johnson, Zach (May 13, 2013). "Shenae Grimes Wedding: New Pictures and Exclusive Details!". US Weekly. Retrieved June 11, 2013.
- "27th Annual Young Artist Awards - Nominations/Special Awards". Young Artist Awards. Retrieved 2011-08-05.
- "Canadian Awards Database - Geminis". Retrieved 2011-08-05.
- "Award Winners, Angel Film Awards 2008 - Monaco International Film Festival". Monaco International Film Festival. December 6, 2008. Retrieved 2011-08-05.
- Talarico, Brittany (June 28, 2010). "Teen Choice Awards 2010: ‘Twilight’ Leads with 9 Noms; ‘Glee’ & Bieber Trail Close Behind". Ok Magazine. Retrieved 2011-08-05.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Shenae Grimes.|