Treasuryvala at Blackberry curve's launch party
|Occupation||Actress, Model and Travel Writer|
Shenaz Treasurywala (sometimes spelled Treasuryvala) or Shenaz Treasury is an Indian model, travel writer, and actress. Discovered by a photographer during her first year in college, her first modelling assignment was for the soft drink Gold Spot. She also did advertising work for Akai and Philips before MTV Networks Asia hired her to work as a VJ on the MTV's Most Wanted program.
Her acting debut was in the 2001 Telugu film Edhuruleni Manishi, which was followed with the 2003 Bollywood film Ishq Vishk, which earned Shenaz a nomination for the best supporting actress award by the Filmfare Film Awards. With her lifelong love of travel, she has written travel articles for Cosmopolitan, ELLE, and Femina. As of the early 2010s, Treasurywala resides in Mumbai, India and serves as the host of Culture Shock on the Travel Channel. In 2011, she also started a recurring role as Rama Patel on the American soap opera One Life To Live. A few months later, she signed a contract with the show until its cancellation in 2012 and then returned as a contract player when the show started airing its webisodes in 2013.
Her father is a merchant marine engineer, and she was born to a Parsi family. Treasurywala was enrolled in school at Mumbai, where she also later attended St. Xavier's College from where she graduated in 2000. In 2001, she moved to New York City where she studied method acting at the Lee Strasberg Theatre and Film Institute. While in New York, she also took a writing course at NYU.
In 2009, she appeared in the films Aagey Se Right and Radio. She wrote the screenplay for and appeared in the 2011 movie Luv Ka The End. She also appeared in the movie Delhi Belly. She is part of the film Main Aur Mr. Riight .
|2001||Edhuruleni Manishi||Sri||Telugu film|
|2003||Ishq Vishk||Alisha Sahay|
|2006||Umar||Sapna P. Lakha|
|2009||Aagey Se Right||Pearl|
|2011||Luv Ka The End||Ms. Naaz||Also wrote the screenplay|
|2011-2012, 2013||One Life To Live||Rama Patel||American soap opera|
|Post-production||Main Aur Mr. Riight||Aliya||In production|
- "Veejays with a vengeance!". The Times of India. 2003-06-08. Retrieved 2007-04-10.
- "Top 100 Beautiful Indian Women". Suni Systems Ltd. Retrieved 2007-04-11.
- Vashisht, Pooja (2004-02-09). "Treasured and most wanted!". The Times of India. Retrieved 2007-04-10.
- Eduruleni Manishi - Nadumunu Chooste jarade Song - YouTube
- Dhattiwala, Raheel (2003-06-03). "Straight Answers". The Times of India. Retrieved 2007-04-10.
- Iyer, Sandhya (2003-07-28). "'Bollywood is too filmi for me'". The Times of India. Retrieved 2007-04-10.
- "Shenaz: Culture Shock". Travel Channel, Discovery Communications. Retrieved 2007-04-09.
- [dead link]
- Fatima, Nishat (2002-04-27). "Shenaz: Most wanted again". The Times of India. Retrieved 2007-04-10.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Shenaz Treasuryvala.|