Shenyang Aircraft Corporation
Shenyang Aircraft Corporation or Shenyang Aerospace Corporation (Chinese: 沈阳飞机公司; pinyin: Shěnyáng fēijī gōngsī) is a Chinese civilian and military aircraft manufacturer located in Shenyang, and is a subsidiary of AVIC. Founded in 1953, it is one of the oldest aircraft manufacturers in the People's Republic of China. Many aircraft manufacturers in China such as Chengdu Aircraft Industry Group or Guizhou Aircraft Industry Co. were founded with help from Shenyang. The company mainly focuses on designing manufacturing fighter aircraft. Shenyang has been criticized for producing clones or unauthorised derivatives of non-Chinese aircraft, for example the Shenyang J-11B is an unauthorised derivative of the Russian Sukhoi J-11A/Su-27SK.
Partnership with Cessna
On 27 November 2007, Cessna announced that the Cessna 162 Light Sport Aircraft would be produced by the Shenyang Aircraft Corporation. The first production Cessna 162 took flight at Shenyang on 17 September 2009.
- Shenyang Airframe Plant
- Shenyang Liming Aircraft Engine Company
- Shenyang Aircraft Design Institute
- Shenyang Aeroengine Research Institute
- J-2, Chinese variant of the MiG-15.
- Shenyang J-5, Chinese variant of the Mikoyan-Gurevich MiG-17.
- Shenyang J-6, Chinese variant of the Mikoyan-Gurevich MiG-19.
- Chengdu J-7, Chinese variant of the Mikoyan-Gurevich MiG-21. Production was moved to Chengdu in the 1970s.
- Shenyang J-8, Indigenously developed 3rd generation fighter aircraft. NATO reporting name Finback.
- Shenyang J-11, Chinese variant of the Russian Sukhoi Su-27.
- Shenyang J-13, Cancelled air superiority fighter project.
- Shenyang J-31 A mid weight fifth-generation fighter aircraft similar to the American F-35.
- Shenyang J-15 Chinese variant of the Russian Sukhoi Su-33.
- Shenyang J-16 Chinese variant of the Multirole Russian Sukhoi Su-30.
- Shenyang J-23 A planned fifth-generation fighter aircraft based on the American F-22.
- J-XX combat aircraft
- Xian H-6 bomber - Chinese variant of the Russian Tupolev Tu-16 Badger. Collaboration with Xi'an Aircraft Industrial Corporation
- Nanchang Q-5 fighter bomber. Designed in Shenyang and later moved to Nanchang Aircraft for production.
General Aviation Aircraft
- Shenyang type 5 - Chinese production version of the Russian Yakovlev Yak-12 uility aircraft.
- Cessna 162
- Associated Lyulka AL-31 turbofan engine
- Whole tail sections and cargo doors for Boeing
- Parts for Bombardier Aerospace (CSeries fuselage) and McDonnell Douglas
UAVs and Drones
- Shenyang J-13 - a cancelled 1971 Chinese light fighter aircraft
- Changhe Aircraft Industries Corporation
- Chengdu Aircraft Industry Group
- China Aviation Industry Corporation
- ACAC consortium
- China Nanchang Aircraft Manufacturing Corporation
- Guizhou Aircraft Industry Co.
- Harbin Aircraft Manufacturing Corporation
- Hongdu Aviation Industry Corporation
- Shanghai Aviation Industrial Company
- Shanxi Aircraft Company
- Xi'an Aircraft Industrial Corporation
- People's Liberation Army Air Force
- Shenyang Institute of Aeronautical Engineering English Version
- Air Power Australia (2012-08-21). "Shenyang J-11B/BH/BS/BSH Flanker B/C". Ausairpower.net. Retrieved 2012-10-31.
- Textron (November 2007). "Cessna Chooses China's Shenyang Aircraft Corporation as Manufacturing Partner for Model 162 SkyCatcher". Retrieved 2007-11-28.
- Pew, Glenn (September 2009). "Production Cessna Skycatcher Flies (In China)". Retrieved 2009-09-20.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Shenyang Aircraft Corporation.|
- Official Shenyang Aircraft Corporation (SAC) website (in Chinese)