Shepherd and Wedderburn
|Type||Limited liability partnership|
|Founders||Joseph Wedderburn and Alfred Shepherd|
|Headquarters||Edinburgh, United Kingdom|
|Area served||Scotland and UK|
Shepherd and Wedderburn LLP is a leading commercial law firm, headquartered in Edinburgh and with offices in Glasgow, Aberdeen and London. In 2010 it was listed by The Lawyer as the seventy-second largest firm in the UK, and fourth largest in Scotland, with a turnover of £35.3m. Prior to the merge of Scotland's largest firm, McGrigors, with London-headquartered Pinsent Masons, Shepherd and Wedderburn was considered one of Scotland's Big Four firms.
Today its practice is focused on three sectors: Energy & Natural Resources, Financial Sector, and Real Estate & Infrastructure, although it also provides services in Food & Drink, Hospitality & Leisure, Public Sector, and Pharma & Life Sciences.
It is rated by legal directory Chambers and Partners as a Band 1 firm for Competition/European Law, Corporate/M&A, Employee Share Schemes & Incentives, Energy & Natural Resources: Power, Renewables & Alternative Energy, Planning, Real Estate, and Restructuring/Insolvency, and by Legal 500 as a first tier firm for Corporate and Commercial, EU and Competition, Insolvency and Corporate Recover, Pensions, Energy (excluding oil and gas), Edinburgh and Glasgow Commercial Property, Environment, Planning, Property Litigation, and Intellectual Property, and as one of the Scotland region's first tier firms.
- "Top 100 UK law firms". The Lawyer. 2010. Retrieved 23 August 2012.
- "Locations". Shepherd and Wedderburn. Retrieved 23 August 2012.
- MacQueen, Hector Lewis, Lawyers' Edinburgh 1908-2008 (March 14, 2010). Book of the Old Edinburgh Club (new series), Vol. 8, pp. 27-53, 2010; University of Edinburgh School of Law Working Paper No. 2010/07. Available at SSRN: http://ssrn.com/abstract=1570626
- "Setors". Maclay Murray & Spens. Retrieved 17 December 2011.
- "Shepherd and Wedderburn LLP Rankings". Chambers and Partners. Retrieved 23 August 2012.
- "Shepherd and Wedderburn LLP Rankings". Legal 500. Retrieved 23 August 2012.