Sherman Municipal Airport
|Sherman Municipal Airport|
|IATA: none – ICAO: KSWI – FAA LID: SWI|
|Owner||City of Sherman|
|Elevation AMSL||745 ft / 227 m|
|Source: Federal Aviation Administration|
Sherman Municipal Airport (ICAO: KSWI, FAA LID: SWI) is a city owned, public use airport located one nautical mile (1.85 km) southeast of the central business district of Sherman, a city in Grayson County, Texas, United States.
Although many U.S. airports use the same three-letter location identifier for the FAA and IATA, this airport is assigned SWI by the FAA and no designation from the IATA (which assigned SWI to Swindon Airport in Swindon, England).
Facilities and aircraft
Sherman Municipal Airport covers an area of 144 acres (58 ha) at an elevation of 745 feet (227 m) above mean sea level. It has one runway designated 16/34 with an asphalt surface measuring 4,006 by 75 feet (1,221 x 23 m).
For the 12-month period ending April 30, 2007, the airport had 13,800 general aviation aircraft operations, an average of 37 per day. At that time there were 19 aircraft based at this airport: 95% single-engine and 5% multi-engine.
- FAA Airport Master Record for SWI ( PDF). Federal Aviation Administration. Effective April 8, 2010.
- "Sherman, Texas - Sherman Municipal (ICAO: KSWI, FAA: SWI)". Great Circle Mapper. Retrieved May 20, 2010.
- "Swindon, England, United Kingdom (IATA: SWI)". Great Circle Mapper. Retrieved May 20, 2010.
- Sherman Municipal Airport page at City of Sherman website
- PDF at Texas DOT Airport Directory
- Aerial image as of March 1995 from USGS The National Map
- FAA Terminal Procedures for SWI, effective March 6, 2014
- Resources for this airport: