|Developer(s)||ShiVa Technologies SAS|
|Stable release||1.9.2 / December 21, 2013|
|Preview release||2.0 / July 4, 2014|
|Operating system||Microsoft Windows
|Type||Game engine / Multimedia Content Creator|
More than 8,000 applications have been created using the software.
On March 19, 2010 the company released a beta version of its Android SDK making it the first 3D development kit for the Android platform. On November 2, 2010, Stonetrip released ShiVa3D 1.9.0, which added several major new features to the engine.
- Supports industry standard plug-ins
- Native C++ compilation
- Mesh modification API
- Device input simulator
- Device application loader
- Integrated development environment for visual edition
- Built-in Terrain, Ocean and animation editor
- Material, Particle, Trail and HUD Live Preview while editing
- Full lightmap control ( UV2, import, export, built-in compiler )
- Assets import using the Collada exchange format, compatible with XSI, Maya, Blender, Cinema 4D, and 3dsmax
- Built-in support for the ODE physics engine.
- Game scripting using Lua programming language
- Built-in XML API
- ShiVa Server to create MMOs
- Export to HTML5/WebGl (currently in beta testing)
ShiVa Web Edition
ShiVa Web Edition is a free, unlimited and full edition of ShiVa Unlimited edition which can be used for testing purposes and deploying on the web.
ShiVa Editor 2.0
On July 4th the first public beta version of ShiVa Editor 2.0 was released to users who purchased a ShiVa license after Jan 1st 2012. The first ShiVa 2.0 beta release includes the basic framework, the integrated Authoring Tool with all their updated engines, and the brand new HTML5/WebGl export target. Additionally, one of the most requested features has arrived: this new version runs on Windows, Mac OS X and Linux.
- Takahashi, Dean (2012-03-18). "Stonetrip's 3D game engine will bring high-quality games to Android phones". VentureBeat. Retrieved May 26, 2012.
- "ShiVa 3D Becomes First 3D Dev Kit for Android". 2010-03-19. Retrieved May 26, 2012.
- "ShiVa 2.0 First Beta Release". 2014-07-04. Retrieved July 9, 2014.
- Official site of ShiVa Engine
- Official ShiVa Store
- Official Facebook page
- Official Twitter account
- Gamasutra guide To iPhone Game Development In 2009
- DevMaster description and user reviews
- ShiVa Review by TDT3D - Fr
- ShiVa Review by Web3D - Fr