Shiawase no Pan
|Shiawase no Pan|
Film poster advertising this film in Japan
|Directed by||Yukiko Mishima|
|Produced by||Takeshi Moriya|
|Written by||Yukiko Mishima|
|Music by||Goro Yasukawa|
|Editing by||Hitomi Kato|
|Distributed by||Asmik Ace Entertainment|
|Running time||114 minutes|
Shiawase no Pan was first released in cinemas located in Hokkaido on 21 January 2012, and was subsequently released in Japanese cinemas on 28 January 2012. It had grossed US$717,956 as of 29 January 2012.
Rie and Sang founded a bakery-cum-restaurant named Mani on the shores of Lake Toya, Hokkaido. Sang is the baker who bakes the bakery's bread, while Rie is the chef who prepares the food in the restaurant. Graced with beautiful scenery throughout the four seasons, this shop serves a variety of customers, some of whom are experiencing personal problems. However, after they exit from the shop, they feel only happiness in their mind.
- Tomoyo Harada as Rie Mizushima
- Yo Oizumi as Sang Mizushima
- Kanna Mori
- Yuta Hiraoka as Tokio Yamashita
- Yuki Yagi as Suehisa
- Ken Mitsuishi as Suehisa's father
- Reika Kirishima as Suehisa's mother
- Misako Watanabe as Aya Sakamoto
- Katsuo Nakamura as Shio Sakamoto
- Riki Honda
- Nobue Iketani as Nooku Hirokawa's wife
- Yasuhi Nakamura as Nodanna Hirokawa's husband
- Morio Agata as Abe
- Kimiko Yo as Yoshi
- Nozomi Ohashi as the voice of Monorogu's young girl
Shiawase no Pan was first announced on 9 September 2010. The film is directed by Yukiko Mishima, who is also in charge of its screenplay. The story of the film is set in Tokyo and Lake Toya, Hokkaido.
It was revealed in the initial announcement that actor Yo Oizumi and actress Tomoyo Harada will star as husband and wife in this film. The film marks the 30th anniversary of actress Harada's debut as an actress. It is also her first main role in a film since the 2006 film Kamiya Etsuko no Seishun.
Shiawase no Pan was filmed around Lake Toya, which is located in Hokkaido, the home prefecture of this film's lead actor Yo Oizumi.  Filming of Shiawase no Pan started on 9 September 2010. Before the filming, actor Yo Oizumi became a baker's apprentice to prepare for his role as a baker.
Shiawase no Pan was first released in Hokkaido on 21 January 2012. It subsequently had a small-scale release in 47 cinemas throughout Japan on 28 January 2012. During its debut weekend, the film attracted an audience of 26100, and grossed a total of 36 million yen. This made it the 10th highest-grossing film in the Japanese box office for the weekend of 28-29 January 2012.
- "Box Office Mojo". IMDb.com, Inc. Retrieved 2012-02-02.
- "しあわせのパン (2011)". Allcinema.net (in Japanese). Stingray. Retrieved 2012-01-28.
- "映画興行成績 ： 2位「麒麟の翼」が興収30億円へ好発進 「ALWAYS」新作はV2達成". Mainichi Shimbun Digital Co.Ltd (in Japanese). Mantan Web. 2012-01-31. Retrieved 2012-02-03.
- "Yo Oizumi, Tomoyo Harada co-star in “Shiawase no Pan”". Sponichi Annex. Tokyograph. 2010-09-08. Retrieved 2012-02-04.
- "原田知世＆大泉洋「しあわせのパン」全国公開が決定". eiga.com (in Japanese). eiga.com. 2011-08-01. Retrieved 2012-02-03.
- "矢野顕子＆忌野清志郎の名曲から映画「しあわせのパン」誕生". eiga.com (in Japanese). eiga.com. 2011-10-06. Retrieved 2012-01-04.