- For this company's Israel affiliate, see Shiboleth, Yisraeli, Roberts, Zisman and Moshe H. Ne'eman, Ben-Artzi & Co.
|Type||Limited Liability Partnership|
|Founded||New York (1976)|
|Headquarters||New York City|
|Key people||Partners: Amnon Shiboleth, Oren Heiman and Liraz Yuval|
|Employees||25 in NY office|
Shiboleth LLP is a boutique law firm based in midtown Manhattan, in New York City, with an active international practice. The firm has been recognized as having top-ranked practices in corporate, litigation, real estate and high-tech/IP. The firm has been active in New York since 1976, and merged with the Heiman Law Group in 2006, creating the largest Israeli-based law firm in North America. The firm maintains two affiliate offices, Shibolet Tel Aviv, which is a top-tier law firm in Israel, and a representative office in Shanghai, China which was the first Israeli law firm in China.
- Amnon Shiboleth
Amnon Shiboleth is one of the founders and the Senior Partner of Shiboleth. He established the firm in New York office in 1976. He led the first "meaningful" law firm merger in Israel, when a law firm office led by him and Richard Roberts was merged with the law firm of Yisraeli Zisman. In 2008 Shiboleth was selected as one of the most successful Israeli lawyers in the U.S. by The Marker, a leading financial publication in Israel. Shiboleth is involved as a lawyer or a principal in numerous international and domestic business ventures. He is the Chairman of the Board of Blue City, one of the largest shopping malls in Poland, and was the Chairman of the Board of Millennium Plaza, a luxury office building in Warsaw, Poland. He is a board member of companies in various jurisdictions such as the Netherlands (primarily financial and legal entities); Portugal (primarily financial and tourism entities); Hungary and Switzerland (primarily holding investment entities); as well as other locations, and represents interests of shareholders and beneficial owners in several countries.
- Oren Heiman
Oren Heiman became the Managing Partner of Shiboleth when his law firm, Heiman Law Group, merged with Shiboleth in 2006. His practice focuses on commercial law, including corporate, mergers & acquisitions, corporate financing, contracts, intellectual property; litigation and commercial real estate. He is also an active mediator and established the only mediation center for Israelis in New York called Shollem.
Heiman is a co-founder and co-chair of Tevel, the first Israeli Angel Club in the U.S. The club holds meetings to support the efforts of Israeli start-up companies raising money outside of Israel. Tevel is recognized both in Israel and New York as a contributor to the success of Israeli start-up companies.
Beside his role as partner at Shiboleth, Heiman is actively involved in the Israeli business community in New York and is a founder, supporting member, executive or board member in over a dozen organizations including Elem, American Friends of Rabin Medical Center, Israeli Business Circles, Dor Chadash, New Israel Fund, Israeli Venture Network, American-Israeli Chamber of Commerce, Larger than Life (the Israeli 'Make a Wish' foundation), Tel Aviv Alumni  and the American Friends of the Israeli Opera. Heiman is regularly invited to lecture at conventions, gives interviews about his practice as an attorney in New York and writes about legal matters and how to combine business and philanthropy.
- Liraz Yuval
Liraz Yuval is a Partner in Shiboleth. Her practice focuses on commercial and residential real estate acquisitions, financing and leases, condominium law, corporate law, labor law and commercial contracts. Yuval became a partner at Shiboleth at the age of 28 and, at the age of 29, was chosen by Globes magazine in Israel as one of the successful women in New York under the age of 40. She is involved in the Israeli business community in New York and leads a circle for Israeli business women in New York and New Jersey. Yuval is a board member in the real estate circle of American Friends of Israeli Defence Force, and she also provides pro-bono legal services to organizations dealing with the empowerment of Israeli women and connecting between the real estate community and philanthropy.
- 1973 – Shibolet Israel established
- 1976 – Shibolet opens its New York office.
- 1987 – Shibolet Israel merges with the Israeli Law Firm of Yisraeli and Zisman.
- 2006 – Shiboleth New York merges with Heiman Law Group, becoming Shiboleth LLP, and moves to One Penn Plaza
Shibboleth is a correspondent and columnist for legal issues, in major Israeli publications in the United States, including Yediot America and TaxUsa. Shiboleth publishes its own newsletter, The Shiboleth Times and the listing Avoda B'Ivrit, which provided information for Israelis in New York and helps to bring together Israeli employers with employees in the U.S.
- Grayeff, Yigal. "Largest Israel-focused law firms in US merge", Jerusalem Post (reprinted in IVC Weekly Newsletter), January 13, 2006
- Official Shibolet Israel website
- "Shiboleth - Law Firm", at StartupIsrael.com, December 14, 2006
- "Shibolet & Co." at Dun's 100 Israel's Largest Enterprises 2008, accessed July 16, 2009
- "Shibolet & Co." at IFLR1000, Euromoney Institutional Investor plc 2008, accessed July 16, 2009
- "Shibolet & Co. Advocates & Notaries", Trade Mission to China, Embassy of Israel, Beijing, accessed July 16, 2009
- Rot, Nurit. "Not easy to carry a name", The Marker, September 10, 2007, accessed July 17, 2009 (in Hebrew)
- Official Shiboleth New York website
- Sharvit, Noam. "Shiboleth, Israeli Zisman and partners merges with the law office of Amihud-Ben Porat", December 11, 2007, accessed July 17, 2009 (in Hebrew)
- "The Most Successful Israeli Lawyers in America", accessed July 16, 2009 (in Hebrew)
- "Amnon Shiboleth", at Official Shiboleth New York website
- "Oren Heiman", at Official Shiboleth New York website
- Shollem website, accessed July 17, 2009
- Tevel website
- Snyder, Tamar. "'angels' for Israeli Start-Ups", The Jewish Week, February 6, 2008, accessed July 17, 2009
- Sabra At Heart website
- "Oren Heiman", at American Friends of Tel-Aviv University website
- Second Israeli-French legal convention (in Hebrew)
- Handerweker, Chaim. "New york is good for the resume", Haaretz, accessed July 25, 2009
- Heiman, Oren. "Young Philanthropy", April 6, 2007, accessed July 25, 2009 (in Hebrew)
- "Liraz Yuval" at Official Shiboleth New York website
- Ben-Hespal, Yehudit. "Taking a bite of the Big Apple", Globes, May 15, 2007, accessed July 31, 2009 (in Hebrew)
- "Liraz Yuval" at the website of American Friends of Israeli Defence Force website
- "Amnon Shiboleth" at Official Shiboleth New York website
- Sharvit, Noam. "Shiboleth, Yisraeli, Zisman and partners merges with the law office of Amihud-Ben Porat", December 11, 2007, accessed July 31, 2009 (in Hebrew)
- Sharvit, Noam. "A merger between the law firm Shiboleth and the Heiman law group", March 28, 2006, accessed July 31, 2009 (in Hebrew)
- website of Yediot Achronot America" (in Hebrew)
- website of TaxUsa online (in Hebrew)
- the "Shiboleth times newsletter", accessed July 31, 2009
- Avoda B'ivrit on Mascoret 13 website (in Hebrew)