Your Lie in April
|Your Lie in April|
Cover of the first manga volume.
(Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso)
|Genre||Slice of life, Romance, Comedy|
|Written by||Naoshi Arakawa|
|Magazine||Monthly Shōnen Magazine|
|Original run||May 2011 – ongoing|
|Anime television series|
|Directed by||Kyōhei Ishiguro|
|Written by||Takao Yoshioka|
|Music by||Masaru Yokoyama|
|Network||Fuji TV (noitamina)|
|Original run||October 9, 2014 – ongoing|
Your Lie in April (四月は君の嘘 Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso?) is a Japanese manga series written and illustrated by Naoshi Arakawa. An anime television series adaptation by A-1 Pictures is scheduled to air from October 2014 on Fuji TV's noitamina block.
Piano prodigy, Kousei Arima dominated the competition and all child musicians knew his name. But after his mother, who was also his instructor, died, he had a mental breakdown, while performing at a recital that resulted in him no longer being able to hear the sound of his piano even though his hearing was perfectly fine. Even two years later, Kousei hasn't touched the piano and views the world in monotone, and without any flair or color. He was content at living out his life with his good friends, Tsubaki and Watari until, one day, a girl changed everything. Kaori Miyazono, a pretty, free-spirited violinist whose playing style reflects her personality, helps Kousei return to the music world and shows that it should be free and mold breaking unlike the structured and rigid style Kousei was used to.
- "Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso Manga Gets Noitamina Anime". Anime News Network. March 21, 2014. Retrieved March 21, 2014.
- "Animal Land, Ore Monogatari!! Win 37th Kodansha Manga Awards". Anime News Network. May 9, 2013. Retrieved September 9, 2013.
- "Hiromu Arakawa's Silver Spoon Wins 5th Manga Taisho Award". Anime News Network. March 23, 2012. Retrieved September 9, 2013.
- Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso at Kodansha (Japanese)
- Anime official website (Japanese)
- Your Lie in April (manga) at Anime News Network's encyclopedia
|This manga-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|