|This article relies on references to primary sources. (February 2010)|
||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (February 2010)|
|Ring name(s)||Little Tokyo
July 5, 1941|
|Died||September 6, 2011
Saint Joseph, Missouri, United States
Shigeri Akabane (July 5, 1941 – September 6, 2011), known by his ringname Little Tokyo, was a Japanese professional midget wrestler who competed in North American promotions during the 1970s and 1980s including Herb Abrams' Universal Wrestling Federation, the American Wrestling Association and the World Wrestling Federation, most notably appearing at WrestleMania III in a mixed tag team match with Lord Littlebrook and King Kong Bundy against Hillbilly Jim, the Haiti Kid and Little Beaver in 1987.
At the age of 69, Akabane was diagnosed with base tongue cancer. Doctors said it was cureable and family and friends gathered around him for support. He was living in St. Joseph, Missouri.
Championships and accomplishments
- UWF Midget World Championship (1 time)
- WCPW Midget Championship (2 times)
- Oliver, Greg (2011-09-06). "Little Tokyo remembered with laughter". Slam! Sports. Canadian Online Explorer. Retrieved 2011-09-07.
- 1972 wrestling event poster featuring Little Tokyo
- "Former midget wrestler Little Tokyo dies Tuesday". Pro Wrestling Torch. 2011-09-06. Retrieved 2011-09-07.