||This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (March 2015)|
|Slogan||"Stop Following. Start Exploring."|
Type of site
|Online Education Portal|
|Owner||Info Edge India Ltd|
|433 (May 2015[update])|
Shiksha.com is an online education classifieds business of Info Edge India. This is a marketplace which connects the education seekers with the education providers.
Students wishing to pursue higher education in India and abroad can find information on educational institutes, programs, scholarships and admission notifications. The website features a list of colleges for post graduate programs. It also includes undergraduate programs and vocational courses providing professional degrees or certificates. In addition, Shiksha.com has a study abroad section.
History and Milestones
- The website was launched on May 2008
- In Jan 2012, Common application form was launched. Students applied to various B-schools in India through this standardized application form.
- In February 2014, Campus connect Program launched to identify problems of B-school aspirants and helped find answers to queries such as placements, fees, tie-ups.
- In May 2014, Shiksha.com started counseling sessions for management studies aspirants using Whatsapp. Information on various students queries such as admission process, placements etc. were answered by Shiksha Campus Rep from well-known Indian B-schools like KJ Somaniya Institute of Management and Wellingkar Institute of Management.
- In June 2014, Alumni Employment Stats tool was launched. This tool helped students to decide which B-school to select after comparing salaries earned by the alumnus.
- In September 2014, a survey was conducted to identify students’ preferences while deciding the college. Over 2500 students from various streams like Engineering, Hospitality, Management, Design and Media participated in this survey.
- "Shiksha.com - Traffic Details from Alexa". Alexa Internet, Inc. Retrieved 2015-05-07.
- "Common application form for business schools launched". The Economic Times. 12 January 2012.
- "Confused about which college to choose for MBA? Get your doubts cleared by first-year students from top b-schools". The Financial Express. 26 May 2014.
- "B-school aspirants use WhatsApp for counselling". DNA India. 26 May 2014.
- "Make Better Career Decisions with Shiksha.com's All New â€˜Alumni Employment Stats tool'". India Education Diary. 18 June 2014.
- "Delhi-NCR most preferred city by college seekers: Survey". India Tv. 11 September 2014.
|This article has not been added to any categories. Please help out by adding categories to it so that it can be listed with similar articles. (April 2015)|