Shimoina District, Nagano
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
As of May, 2008, the district has an estimated Population of 65,359 and a Density of 51.4 persons/km². The total area is 1,270.43 km².
There are 3 towns and 10 villages within the district.
- 1878: The district was formed out from Ina District. The seat was located at Iida.
- July 1, 1993: The town of Kamisato merged into the expanded city of Iida.
- October 1, 2005: The villages of Kami and Minamishinano merged into the expanded city of Iida.
- January 1, 2006: The village of Namiai merged into the village of Achi.
- March 31, 2009: The village of Seinaiji merged into the village of Achi.
|This Nagano Prefecture location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|