|The south side of the station while under construction in March 2014|
(See other stations in Toyama)
|Opened||14 March 2015 (scheduled)|
|Line(s)||Hokuriku Shinkansen, Jōhana Line|
Shin-Takaoka Station (新高岡駅 Shin-takaoka-eki?, lit. "New Takaoka Station") is an interchange railway station on the Hokuriku Shinkansen under construction in Takaoka, Toyama, Japan, to be operated by West Japan Railway Company (JR West). It is scheduled to open on 14 March 2015.
Shin-Takaoka Station will be served by the Jōhana Line and the Hokuriku Shinkansen, which is also scheduled to open on 14 March 2015. Semi-fast Hakutaka Tokyo-to-Kanazawa services and all-stations Tsurugi Toyama-to-Kanazawa shuttle services will stop at Shin-Takaoka.
The station will consist of elevated platforms for the Hokuriku Shinkansen running east to west, with exits on the north and south sides. The Jōhana Line platforms will be located at ground level, running north to south on the west side of the station complex. A west exit will also be provided to the west of the Jōhana Line platforms.
|Kagayaki: no stop|
Although provisionally named Shin-Takaoka Station from its conception, the name was formally finalized and announced in June 2013. A public survey was conducted in 2012, with the following names put forward.
- Manyō-Takaoka (万葉高岡?) (173 votes)
- Shin-Takaoka (新高岡?) (163 votes)
- Etchū-Takaoka (越中高岡?) (107 votes)
- Takaoka-Manyō (高岡万葉?) (59 votes)
- Takaoka (高岡?) (43 votes)
The name Shin-Takaoka was however ultimately selected by JR West.
- Takaoka Station (on the Hokuriku Main Line, approximately 1 km away)
- Aeon Mall Takaoka
- National Route 156
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Shin-Takaoka Station.|
- 北陸新幹線 長野～金沢間開業に伴う運行計画の概要について [Outline of service plans for opening of Hokuriku Shinkansen from Nagano to Kanazawa] (PDF). News release (in Japanese). Japan: JR East & JR West. 27 August 2014. Retrieved 27 August 2014.
- 新高岡駅（仮称名）周辺整備事業 [Shin-Takaoka Station vicinity redevelopment project] (pdf) (in Japanese). Japan: City of Takaoka. March 2012. Retrieved 12 November 2013.
- 北陸新幹線 発車メロディの決定について [Departure melodies chosen for Hokuriku Shinkansen]. News release (in Japanese). Japan: West Japan Railway Company. 9 December 2014. Retrieved 10 December 2014.
- 北陸新幹線 新駅の駅名などについて [Details of new Hokuriku Shinkansen station names] (pdf) (in Japanese). Japan: West Japan Railway Company. 7 June 2012. Retrieved 12 November 2013.
- 新幹線カウントダウン事業 [Shinkansen Countdown Project] (in Japanese). Japan: City of Takaoka. 2 July 2013. Retrieved 12 November 2013.
- ＪＲ新高岡駅が起工 [Work starts on JR Shin-Takaoka Station]. Asahi Shimbun Digital (in Japanese). Japan: The Asahi Shimbun Company. 15 September 2013. Retrieved 12 November 2013.