|Lineage||Claimed Suryavansha (Serpent or Sheshvanshi Branch)|
|Original kingdom||Ranathambore and Pattadakal|
|Other kingdoms||Gwalior, Ujjain, Badami,|
|Nishan||Serpent on flagpole.|
|Clan god||Jyotiba ( Mahadev ).|
|Clan goddess||Tulja-Bhavani (Tuljapur,Maharashtra) Kalika, Mahagauri, Ramvardayini.|
|Devak||Mrugvell or Aagada (A kind of plant found in Maharashtra), Kalamb, Rui and Morvell.|
|Mantra||Yajurveda - Madhyandin, Gayatri Mantra..|
|Prawar||Angiras, Brihaspati and Kaundinya.|
Shinde (Marathi: शिंदे) is the main surname among the Marathi (Maharashtrian) people of India. The Shindes are found mainly in Maharashtra, Madhya Pradesh, Karnataka, Andhra Pradesh and Goa.
The Shinde family is traditionally considered to be descendants of King Shinde within the Maratha clan system. The Shinde served the Peshwa, and were also Shiledars under the Bahamani sultanates of the Deccan.
- Sadashiv Shinde, Indian cricketer
- Sayaji Shinde, Indian actor
- Tarabai Shinde, Indian feminist
- Sushil Kumar Shinde, Indian Politician
- Maratha Kshatriyancha Itihaas, edition 1929 By K.B. Deshmukh. (Marathi)
- Thomas Edmund Farnsworth Wright; Oxford University Press (15 November 2006). A dictionary of world history. Oxford University Press. pp. 401–. ISBN 978-0-19-920247-8. Retrieved 15 May 2011.
- R. M. Betham (1 December 1996). Maráthas and Dekhani Musalmáns. Asian Educational Services. pp. 152–. ISBN 978-81-206-1204-4. Retrieved 7 May 2011.
|This page or section lists people with the surname Shinde. If an internal link intending to refer to a specific person led you to this page, you may wish to change that link by adding the person's given name(s) to the link.|