Shinee World (concert)
The official poster of the tour
|Asia tour by Shinee|
|Associated album||Replay, Shinee World, Romeo, 2009, Year Of Us, Lucifer|
|Start date||December 26, 2010|
|End date||November 25, 2011|
|Shows||5 in Japan
2 in South Korea
1 in Taiwan
1 in China,
1 in Singapore
10 in total
|Shinee concert chronology|
Shinee World (promoted as SHINee THE 1ST CONCERT "SHINee WORLD") is the first independent concert tour by South Korean boy group, Shinee. The tour kicked off in Tokyo on December 26, 2010 and ended in Osaka on November 25, 2011, with a total of 10 concerts in 7 cities.
The photobook of this concert, Shinee The 1st Concert "Shinee World" Photobook released on December 26, 2010 and a live dvd, Shinee The 1st Concert in Japan "Shinee World" was filmed from their concert in Tokyo and Nagoya released on January 1, 2012, followed a live album, Shinee The 1st Concert Album "Shinee World", of the concert held in Seoul released on February 1, 2012.
The concert was originally scheduled for the December 26, 2010 at 6PM, but due to over 100,000 crowded fans that joined the month-long ticket event, they had to put out another concert at 1PM. SM Entertainment put out an official statement saying,
|“||Shinee’s first Japanese concert did so outstandingly well that we sold out two concerts.||”|
The concert took place at Yoyogi National Gymnasium, with both concerts sold out, the total audience of both the performances together was approximately 24,000, they sang over sixty songs. They also revealed the music video for their next ballad single, "Quasimodo", from their second album, Lucifer.
The group also announced that they will make their official debut in Japan in March 2011 under the label of EMI Music Japan. It was later revealed on their official Japanese website that the concert will air on Fuji TV on February 27, 2011, from 7:00 pm to 9:00 pm.
On January 1, 2011, on the start of the new year, the group displayed the same set of performances in the concert at Olympic Gymnastics Arena in Seoul, South Korea. The concert, previously scheduled to be held at the KBS 88 Gymnasium on December 18 and 19, 2010. But On November 19, 2010, it was reported recently that their solo concert have a new date and location. SM Entertainment revealed,
|“||It has been decided that Shinee will have a concert on January 1 and 2 at Olympic Gymnastics Arena to accommodate fans from both Korea and Asia, due to an explosive interest in the concert.||”|
On January 2, 2011, before the second running of the concert in Seoul, Shinee held a press conference. The group answered many questions related to their future plans and also reflected on their success in 2010.
On May 26, 2011, it was confirmed that Shinee will be holding a concert in Taipei, Taiwan. 10,000 tickets were made available on June 4, 2011, and were sold out within an hour. On July 16, 2011, the boy band held their first concert in Taipei at Taipei Arena. R&B singer and fellow labelmate Zhang Liyin appeared as a special guest and sang a duet with Jonghyun.
On August 20, 2011, Shinee also performed in a concert in Nanjing, China at Nanjing Olympic Sports Center Gymnasium. On September 23, 2011, SM Entertainment released a video highlighting the concert in Nanjing.
It was revealed in July 12, 2011, that the group will visit hold its next concert in Singapore at Singapore Indoor Stadium on September 10, 2011. The production cost for the concert was revealed to be around $1.7 million. Online ticket reservations began on July 31, 2011 and within 45 minutes, all tickets were sold out.
Shinee also performed in a concert at Nippon Gaishi Hall in Nagoya, Japan on October 27, 2011. Live recordings of performances from the concert were released as a live album, Shinee The 1st Concert In Japan "Shinee World", on January 12, 2011.
|December 26, 2010
*1st show: 1pm
*2nd show: 6pm
|Tokyo||Japan||Yoyogi National Gymnasium||Krystal (duet with Key)|
|January 1, 2011||Seoul||South Korea||Olympic Gymnastics Arena|
|January 2, 2011||Krystal (duet with Key)
Simon D (duet with Minho)
|July 16, 2011||Taipei||Taiwan||Taipei Arena||Zhang Liyin (duet with Jonghyun)|
|August 20, 2011||Nanjing||China||Nanjing Olympic Sports Center Gymnasium|
|September 10, 2011||Singapore||Singapore Indoor Stadium|
|October 27, 2011||Nagoya||Japan||Nippon Gaishi Hall|
|November 24, 2011||Osaka||Osaka-Jo Hall|
|November 25, 2011|
- "SHINee will hold a special concert at the end of concert between Korea and Japan.". Korea Star Daily. November 25, 2010. Retrieved January 19, 2011.
- SHINee The First Concert 'SHINee World' Photobook ~ Daily K Pop News
- "SHINee's Japanese website crashes moments after opening". allkpop.com. January 3, 2011. Retrieved January 4, 2011.
- "Sold out SHINee concert leads to additional show". allkpop.com. November 17, 2010. Retrieved December 2, 2010.
- "SHINee concert a big success in Japan next year, will officially enter the Japanese music scene". gz163.cn. December 27, 2010. Retrieved January 19, 2011.
- "SHINee reveals ‘Quasimodo’ MV at Tokyo concert!". allkpop.com. December 27, 2010. Retrieved December 2, 2011.
- "SHINee’s ‘THE 1st CONCERT in TOKYO’ "SHINee World" to air in February". allkpop.com. December 27, 2010. Retrieved December 2, 2011.
- "SHINee sparkles at first concert". Korea Times. January 3, 2011. Retrieved January 19, 2011.
- "SHINee's solo concert gets a new venue due to explosive interest". Korea Times. November 18, 2010. Retrieved November 19, 2010.
- "SHINee holds press conference before second running of "SHINee World"". allkpop.com. January 2, 2011. Retrieved December 2, 2011.
- "BEAST and SHINee sell out their events in Taiwan". koreaboo.com. June 5, 2011. Retrieved July 18, 2011.
- "SHINee 샤이니 'SHINee World' in Nanjing, China Highlights". SM Entertainment. YouTube. September 23, 2011. Retrieved September 23, 2011.
- "SHINee successfully completes their solo concert in Singapore". allkpop.com. September 11, 2011. Retrieved September 11, 2011.
- "Shinee fans crash U.K. ticket site". koreaherald.com. The Korea Herald. October 31, 2011. Retrieved November 9, 2011.
- "SHINee wraps up a successful concert in Japan". allkpop.com. November 26, 2011. Retrieved November 26, 2011.