Shire of Kojonup
|Shire of Kojonup
Location in Western Australia
|Population||2,266 (2011 est)|
|• Density||0.77280/km2 (2.0015/sq mi)|
|Area||2,932.2 km2 (1,132.1 sq mi)|
The Shire of Kojonup is a local government area in the Great Southern region of Western Australia, about 250 kilometres (155 mi) southeast of the state capital, Perth, along Albany Highway. The Shire covers an area of 2,932 square kilometres (1,132 sq mi) and its seat of government is the town of Kojonup.
The Kojonup Road District was created in 1871. On 1 July 1961, it became the Shire of Kojonup under the Local Government Act 1960.
The shire has no wards, and all councillors serve 4-year terms. Previously, it was divided into 5 wards:
- Kojonup Ward (3 councillors)
- Balgarup Ward (2 councillors)
- Muradup Ward (2 councillors)
- Ongerup Ward (2 councillors)
- Namarillup Ward (2 councillors)
Towns and localities
- "3218.0 Regional Population Growth, Australia. Table 5. Estimated Resident Population, Local Government Areas, Western Australia". 30 March 2012. Retrieved 26 May 2012.
- WA Electoral Commission, Municipality Boundary Amendments Register (release 3.0), 31 May 2007.