Shire of Lake Grace
|Shire of Lake Grace
Location in Western Australia
|Population||1,445 (2011 est)|
|• Density||0.13922/km2 (0.36058/sq mi)|
|Area||10,379.2 km2 (4,007.4 sq mi)|
|Council seat||Lake Grace|
The Shire of Lake Grace is a local government area in the Eastern Wheatbelt region of Western Australia, about 350 kilometres (217 mi) ESE of the state capital, Perth. The Shire has a land area of 10,379 square kilometres (4,007 sq mi) and its seat of government is the town of Lake Grace.
In 1922, the Lake Grace Road District was gazetted. On 1 July 1961, it became a Shire under the Local Government Act 1960.
The shire has been divided into 3 wards.
- Lake Grace Ward (4 councillors)
- Newdegate Ward (3 councillors)
- Lake King/Varley Ward (2 councillors)
Towns and localities
- "3218.0 Regional Population Growth, Australia. Table 5. Estimated Resident Population, Local Government Areas, Western Australia". 30 March 2012. Retrieved 26 May 2012.
- WA Electoral Commission, Municipality Boundary Amendments Register (release 2.0), 31 May 2003.