Shire of Loddon
|Shire of Loddon
Location in Victoria
|• Density||1.11428/km2 (2.8860/sq mi)|
|Gazetted||19 January 1995|
|Area||6,694 km2 (2,584.6 sq mi)|
|Mayor||Cr Gavan Holt|
The Shire of Loddon is a local government area in Victoria, Australia, located in the northern part of the state. It covers an area of 6,694 square kilometres (2,585 sq mi) and, at the 2011 Census, had a population of 7,459. It includes the towns of Inglewood, Boort, Serpentine, Pyramid Hill and Wedderburn. It was formed in 1995 from the amalgamation of the Shire of East Loddon, Shire of Gordon, Shire of Korong, and parts of the Rural City of Marong, Shire of Bet Bet, Shire of Maldon and Shire of Tullaroop.
The Shire is governed and administered by the Loddon Shire Council; its seat of local government and administrative centre is located at the council headquarters in Wedderburn, it also has service centres located in Boort and Serpentine. The Shire is named after the Loddon River, a major geographical feature that meanders through the LGA.
The council is composed of five wards and five councillors, with one councillor per ward elected to represent each ward.
|Wedderburn||Gavan Holt||Mayor (2013–14)|
Administration and governance
The council meets in the council chambers at the council headquarters in the Weddrburn Municipal Offices, which is also the location of the council's administrative activities. It also provides customer services at both its administrative centre in Wedderburn, and its service centres in Boort and Serpentine.
- Census QuickStats (2011). "Loddon (S) – LGA23940". Australian Bureau of Statistics. Government of Australia. Retrieved 10 January 2014.
- Victoria Government Gazette – Online Archive (1837–1997). "S2 of 1995". State Library of Victoria. State Government of Victoria (published 19 January 1995). p. 3. Retrieved 10 January 2014.
- Local Government in Victoria. "Loddon Shire Council". Department of Transport, Planning and Local Infrastructure. State Government of Victoria. Retrieved 10 January 2014.
- Loddon Shire Council official website
- Metlink local public transport map
- Link to Land Victoria interactive maps
- Loddon Shire Promotional, Events & Investment Website