Shiv R. Jhawar
|Shiv R. Jhawar|
|Education||Master of Accounting Science, Enrolled to practice before the IRS|
|Alma mater||University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign|
|Known for||Noble World Foundation|
|Notable work(s)||Book – Building a Noble World|
|Noble World Foundation|
Shiv R. Jhawar (born 1948) is an Indian-American author, public speaker and entrepreneur. He is the author of the book Building a Noble World and has also published numerous political articles. He is the founder of Noble World Foundation, a non-profit organization whose stated mission is to promote the inner transformation of individuals through meditation. He is also outspoken about political reform and is known for his call to the United Nations to reform the UN Charter to allow for regional membership.
Jhawar was born in Napasar in the Bikaner district of Rajasthan, India. He attended the University of Calcutta in India where he graduated with honors in 1968 with a Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce. He qualified as a Chartered Accountant and a Fellow of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India in 1971.
Jhawar continued his higher education in 1973 when he came to the United States and attended the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. While there, he was awarded a Master of Accounting Science Degree in 1974. He then went on to head a special project of computerized accounts analysis at CBS Television in Chicago prior to opening his own tax accounting practice in 1975 in the same city. He became an Enrolled Agent in 1979 in order to represent clients before the IRS.
Shiv Jhawar describes his spiritual journey as beginning on September 16, 1974 with a dramatic Kundalini awakening experience in the physical presence of the holy man Swami Muktananda at Lake Point Tower in Chicago. He describes the awakening in his book Building a Noble World:
- "Suddenly, I felt a great impact of a rising force within me. The intensity of this rising kundalini force was so tremendous that my body lifted up a little and fell flat into the aisle; my eyeglasses flew off. As I lay there with my eyes closed, I could see a continuous fountain of dazzling white lights erupting within me. In brilliance, these lights were brighter than the sun but possessed no heat at all.I was experiencing the thought-free state of 'I am,' realizing that 'I' have always been, and will continue to be, eternal. I was fully conscious and completely aware while I was experiencing the pure 'I am,' a state of supreme bliss.” “Baba [Swami Muktananda] noticed that the dramatic awakening of kundalini in me frightened some people in the audience. Therefore, he said, ‘Do not be frightened. Sometimes kundalini gets awakened in this way, depending upon a person’s type.'"
Noble World Foundation
Jhawar founded the Noble World Foundation in 2004. The foundation is a non-profit, tax-exempt 501(c)(3) organization located in Illinois. Their website states that their mission is to “promote the inner transformation of individuals for peace, harmony, and well-being in the world.
Books and publications
Jhawar is the author of the book Building a Noble World which was published in 2004 by the Noble World Foundation (ISBN 0974919705). The book is about dealing with conflicts in the world by first changing oneself.R.R. Bowker called the book “an extraordinary blend of spirituality, politics, history, and science, address[ing] the key post-modern political issues that hinder world peace.” The India Tribune stated that the book “offers practical solutions to the present-day world crisis.”  The book also received positive reviews from DesiTalk Newspaper in Chicago, the India Post, and the India Tribune. A significant prediction made by Swami Rama Tirtha for future India is quoted in the book, Building a Noble World: Rama Tirtha predicted: “After Japan, China will rise and gain prosperity and strength. After China, the sun of prosperity and learning will again smile at India.” 
Jhawar is the author of numerous scholarly articles related to both the mission of the Noble World Foundation and international politics.
- December 1, 2001, India Tribune, "US must work for unification of subcontinent"
- January 5, 2002, India Tribune, "God is one like energy – manifests in many forms"
- June 29, 2002, India Tribune, "End terrorism and unify Indian subcontinent"
- January 28, 2006, India Tribune, "Coping with difficult times through power of thought"
- July 15, 2006, India Tribune, "Geopolitical revolution underway to outpace America"
- January 6, 2007, India Tribune, "Scrap veto, form regional unions to make UNSC effective"
- October 5, 2007, Indian Reporter, "Sleep Less, Refresh More"
- February 7, 2009, India Tribune, "Obama can help form regional unions for a better world"
- February 27, 2009, Indian Reporter, "Evolving Regional Unions for a Better Tomorrow"
United Nations reform
In 2010, Jhawar called for reform of the United Nations Security Council. He sent an open letter to UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-Moon recommending that the UN Charter be amended to provide for the membership of regional unions, beginning with the European Union. He professed that regional unions with appropriate qualifications should be eligible for permanent seats in the Security Council. By adding permanent seats for regional unions, he stated that the UN can dilute the veto power without downgrading the P5. The Secretary General of the League of Arab States Amre Moussa responded to Jhawar’s call by stating that the League will give the initiative its due attention and promote the issue with the member states in the contexts of the UN reform process.
Jhawar lives in Chicago and gives talks both in the United States and abroad.
- "Shiv R Jhawar – Background Information". Authors Den. Retrieved 28 September 2012.
- "Our Mission". Noble World Foundation. Retrieved 27 September 2012.
- "Call For Reforming The UN Security Council With Regional Unions As New Members". Newswire. 27 October 2010. Retrieved 28 September 2012.
- "Shiv Ratan Jhawar". Marquis Who’s Who. Retrieved $1 $2. Check date values in:
- Jhawar, Shiv (2004). Building a Noble World.
- Agarwal, Abhilasha. Rendezvous With God.
- "Exempt Organization Select Check". Internal Revenue Service. Retrieved $1 $2. Check date values in:
- Vyas, Ashok (27 February 2012). "Shiv Jhabar Interview". ITV – India Forums. Retrieved 7 October 2012.
- "Building a Noble World". Amazon.com. Retrieved 27 September 2012.
- "Building a Noble World Review". India Tribune. 25 December 2004.
- "Building a noble world – through spirituality". DesiTalk (Chicago, IL). 24 December 2004.
- Ullal, Surendra (14 January 2005). "Building a Noble World Review". India Post (Chicago, IL).
- Fisher, DeVoll (29 April 2006). "Uplifting Answers To All Human Ills". India Tribune.
- Swami Rama Tirtha, In Woods of God-Realization, Volume IV, Chapter “Talk at Faizabad” (Lucknow, India: Swami Rama Tirtha Pratisthan, 1993), p. 286.