Shleppers Moving & Storage
||This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page.
Shleppers Moving offers an assortment of services including a variety of moving, shipping, and storage services, including: Residential Moves, Commercial Moves and Business Relocations, Long-Distance and International Transport, Storage and Warehousing, Packing and Unpacking, Box Delivery and Moving Supplies, Detailed inventory, and document storage. Shleppers also offers a number of specialized services for its customers, including Fine Art, Antique & Piano Moving, special support for Expecting Families, special services for customers with pets or children, moving services for seniors, Tech Expertise, Connection, Disconnection, or Setup (for assorted Computer and Electronics devices), Crating, Debris Removal, Hoisting, and more.
Shleppers was originally founded in 1978 in New York City., providing professional relocation services for local, long-distance, and international moves for both residential and business customers. As of 2009, it has supported the relocations of individuals and small businesses as well as Fortune 500 companies, and transported fine art for the Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum, The Jewish Museum and The Whitney Museum of American Art. In addition, Shleppers has transported antiques for Levy & Co., Sam A. Green, Horace Richter Gallery, and Fortuna Fine Arts.
The name “Shleppers” was derived from the popular slang expression “shlep” or “shlepper.” Of Yiddish derivation (literally meaning “to drag”), the term “shlep” is now most commonly used to describe moving, lugging, or carrying an item from one place to another: Shlep (shlep) slang; rhymes with "pep."
Shleppers is fully licensed by the United States Department of Transportation (USDOT) and the New York State Department of Transportation (NYSDOT). Shleppers is a member of the American Moving & Storage Association (AMSA), and IAMOVERS (the Household Goods Forwarders Association of America) (HHGFAA).
Charitable causes and community support 
Shleppers supports a variety of charitable causes, including The Food Bank For New York City, The Central Park Conservancy, Breast Cancer Research, The Bottomless Closet, Catholic Charities (Operation Santa Claus), Volunteers of America, P.S. 6, Allen Stevenson, Hewitt, Churchill, and The Solomon Schechter School, CCBQ, Community Mayors, and many more. In 2008, the company also announced a series of commitments to "green moving," so that its moves would have less impact on the environment at large.
- "The List: Moving and Storage Companies," Westchester County Business Journal, April 17, 2006
- "Movers Bear Heavy Load," Crain's New York Business, Valerie Block, 1998
- "2008 Favorite Things – Home," The Intown Westchester Editorial Staff, The Journal News, September 4, 2008
- "'SoBro': High Quality of Life, Low Price Tag," Julia Vitullo-Martin, The New York Sun, October 20, 2005
- "What's New in Moving and Storage," The New York Times, Michael Freitag, April 3, 1988
- "Businesses making adjustments to cope with recession," Jerry Gleeson, The Journal News, February 13, 2009
- Corporate Partners, The Central Park Conservancy, http://www.centralparknyc.org
- "Catholic Charities Brooklyn & Queens Launches 2008 Christmas Toy Drive," The Brooklyn Daily Eagle, November 30, 2008
- "NBC's 'Today' is spreading holiday cheer during the hottest time of the year," TODAY, 11:58 a.m. ET, July 29, 2005
- Brooklyn Daily Eagle
- The Today Show (“Christmas in July”)
- Shleppers Supports Local NYC Exhibit for Breast Cancer Awareness
- Fox News (FOXLIFE) – Around the House (Tips for an Easier Move)
- Green Earth News
- Shleppers Moving Goes Green
- PR Web
- Westchester County Business Journal
- New York Magazine
- The New York Times