Baruch Shlomo Eliyahu Cunin, (Hebrew ברוך שלמה אליהו קונין), (Shlomo Cunin), a Hasidic Rabbi, associated with the Chabad-Lubavitch movement. Cunin is the director of Chabad-Lubavitch of California, and Chabad activities on the West Coast of the United States.
In 1965, he was appointed by Rabbi Menachem Mendel Schneerson, the seventh Chabad rebbe, as a Shliach. Both Cunin and Rabbi Menachem Shmuel David Raichik, built a network of Chabad Houses throughout California and Nevada.
Chabad of California's mission is to reach out to others with acts of goodness and kindness. West coast Chabad is a community-based nonprofit organization whose efforts are rooted in traditional Jewish values—and many of its programs help the needy regardless of background or belief.
West Coast Chabad
Rabbi Cunin, sent by the Rebbe, began West Coast Chabad in 1967; Chabad now runs the largest network of nonsectarian educational and social services under Jewish auspices on the West Coast.
West Coast Chabad Lubavitch is division of Chabad-Lubavitch, one of the largest religious Jewish organizations in the world. Chabad embraces a philosophy of study, meditation, and social outreach. Combining religious study with proactive community involvement, Chabad's growing array of educational and social services programs has made it a dynamic force in modern Jewish life.
Involvement with Chabad of Russia
- Pool, Bob. "Hanukkah Dispute : Menorah in City Hall Shines Light on Controversy". The Los Angeles Times. Latimes.com. December 13, 1989.
- Greene, Velvel. "West Coast was a challenge to Chabadniks and they defied odds to rekindle faith". Chabad Cronicals. Chabad of California.
- "About us". West Coast Chabad Lubavitch. Chabad.com
- "U.S. Senate Asks Yeltsin to Return Sacred Hebrew Texts". The Los Angeles Times.
- Collive reporter. Pinchas Cunin, 72, OBM". collive.com. July 11, 2012.