From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up shoal in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
A shoal is a sandbank or reef creating shallow water, especially where it forms a hazard to shipping.
Shoal, shoals or shoaling may also refer to:
- The Shoals, a region in northwest Alabama, United States
- Shoals, Indiana, a town in the United States
- Wave shoaling, the change of wave height for sea waves propagating into shallow water
- Shoaling and schooling, ways that fish and other aquatic animals behave when in large groups
- Project Shoal, an underground nuclear test
- Project Shoal (software), a java based scalable dynamic clustering framework.
- Shoal draught (or draft), of a boat with shallow draught which can pass over some shoals: see Draft (hull)
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.