7 January 1948
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
|Occupation||Author, columnist, novelist|
|Alma mater||St. Xavier's College, Mumbai|
Shobha Rajadhyaksha (Devnagari: शोभा राजाध्यक्ष), also known as Shobhaa De (Devnagari: शोभा डे) (born 7 January 1948), is an Indian columnist and novelist. De is best known for her depiction of socialites and sex in her works of fiction, for which she has come to be known as the "Jackie Collins of India".
After making her name as a model, she began a career in journalism in 1970, during the course of which she founded and edited three magazines—Stardust, Society, and Celebrity. Stardust magazine, published by Mumbai-based Magna Publishing Co. Ltd., was started by Nari Hira in 1971 and became popular under the editorship of Shobhaa De. In the 1980s, she contributed to the Sunday magazine section of The Times of India. In her columns, she used to explore the socialite life in Mumbai lifestyles of the celebrities. At present, she is a freelance writer and columnist for several newspapers and magazines.
Shobhaa De runs four weekly columns in mainstream newspapers, including The Times of India and Asian Age. She has been the writer of several popular soaps on television, including India's second daily serial, Swabhimaan (first is Shanti).
De has participated in several literary festivals, including the Writers' Festival in Melbourne. She is a regular participant of Bengalore Literature Festival, having been part of it since its first edition. 
- Small Betrayals (Forthcoming book) − Hay House India, New Delhi, 2014
- Shobhaa: Never a Dull De − Hay House India, New Delhi, 2013
- shethji −2012
- Shobhaa at Sixty −Hay House India, New Delhi, 2010
- Sandhya`s secret −2009
- Superstar India – From Incredible to Unstoppable
- Strange Obsession
- Spouse: The truth about marriage
- Speedpost – Penguin, New Delhi. 1999.
- Surviving Men – Penguin, New Delhi, 1998
- Selective Memory – Penguin, New Delhi. 1998.
- Second Thoughts – Penguin, New Delhi. 1996.
- Small betrayals – UBS Publishers' Distributors, 1995
- Shooting from the hip – UBS, Delhi, 1994.
- Sultry Days – Penguin, New Delhi. 1994.
- Uncertain Liaisons – Penguin, New Delhi. 1993.
- Sisters – Penguin, New Delhi. 1992.
- Starry Nights – 1989, India, Penguin, New Delhi ISBN 0-14-012267-2, Pub date ? ? 1989, paperback
- Socialite Evenings – 1989, India, Penguin, New Delhi ISBN 0-14-012267-2, Pub date ? ?
- "Shobhaa De, Penguin script new chapter". The Times of India. 9 April 2010. Retrieved 9 September 2012.
- "'The Jackie Collins of India'". Los Angeles Times. 1992-04-01.
- "Hooray for Bollywood". The Guardian. 2007-05-03.
- "Meet India's Jackie Collins, Shobhaa De". Australian Broadcasting Corporation. 2013-02-18.
- "Freebase Infograph".
- "iTimes DB".
- Bio-Bibliographical Information Biographical references at the Wayback Machine (archived October 27, 2009)
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Shobhaa De.|
- Shobhaade blogspot
- Book Review of Shobhaa De's new book titled Sethji
- Interview with Shobhaa De
- Times of India Blog