||This article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2013)
ShootMania Storm is a first-person shooter video game by Ubisoft and Nadeo.
Just like its sister games TrackMania 2 and the yet-unreleased QuestMania, it will feature 3 different environments, of which two have so far been revealed; a snow-based environment called Cryo, and another called Storm. Storm is set to be released first, with Cryo released approximately a year later.
Nadeo have stated they intend to make ShootMania stand out from other FPS games through design features such as using a rocket launcher-style weapon as the game's primary weapon. Florent (the game's project leader) has stated there will be relatively few different weapons, the idea being to minimize game time spent not in gameplay.
The game still uses the map editor introduced in TrackMania. Character editing is restricted, with only a shield on the player's back customizable.
The game was set to be released on 23 January 2013, but was delayed to 10 April 2013 with an open beta scheduled to start from 12 February.
Further reading 
- Phrell, Sophie (16 January 2013). "Simple controls, fast game play and community focus: Shootmania is the non-violent Unreal Tournament". Penny Arcade Report. Retrieved 18 January 2013.
- Kuchera, Ben (28 May 2013). "Shootmania is safe for children, and you can turn it into any FPS you’d like". Penny Arcade Report. Retrieved 18 January 2013.
- Fletcher, JC (14 December 2012). "Shootmania Storm Sees Red (Vs Blue) For Beta". Rock, Paper, Shotgun. Retrieved 18 January 2013.
- Smith, Adam (13 January 2012). "Storm In a Beta Cup: ShootMania Storm". Rock, Paper, Shotgun. Retrieved 18 January 2013.
- Grayson, Nathan (28 June 2012). "Calm Before The: ShootMania Storm Beta Approaches". Rock, Paper, Shotgun. Retrieved 18 January 2013.
- Caldwell, Brendan (21 February 2012). "Impressions – ShootMania: Storm". Rock, Paper, Shotgun. Retrieved 18 January 2013.
External links