|Owned by||ValueVision Media|
|Picture format||480i (SDTV)|
|Headquarters||Eden Prairie, Minnesota, United States|
|Formerly called||ValueVision (1991-2001)
|Available in most markets||Check local listings for stations|
|DirecTV||Channel 316 & 73|
|Dish Network||Channel 134 & 228|
|Verizon FiOS||Channel 157|
|Available on most U.S. cable providers||Check local listings for channels|
|Live Stream||Watch live|
|Digital media receiver||Roku|
ShopHQ (rendered as SHQP), is an American cable, satellite and broadcast television network that is owned by ValueVision Media. The channel is headquartered in Eden Prairie, Minnesota. The home shopping channel's main competitors are HSN (Home Shopping Network) and QVC.
ValueVision was originally founded in June of 1990 and began broadcasting in 1991.
ValueVision was rebranded as ShopNBC, taking on the use of the entertainment enterprise’s peacock and logo, in June 2001.
Due to economic uncertainty and NBCUniversal's upcoming possible merger with Comcast, reports surfaced that NBC would sell its stake in ValueVision; NBCUniversal formally announced that it would sell its stake back to ValueVision Media in May 2010, which would have forced a change in the channel's name, but the company decided to retain the stake in June 2010 for the time being.
In May 2013 with ValueVision acquiring NBCUniversal's financial stake in the company, ValueVision will rename the network as ShopHQ no later than February 1, 2014.
|Traded as||Nasdaq: VVTV|
|Industry||Cyclical Consumer Goods & Services/Retail - Specialty|
|Headquarters||Eden Prairie, MN|
|Key people||Mark Bozek (CEO) |
ValueVision Media (VVM) is a media company owning a television network, ShopHQ, and a TV station, WWDP.
VVM launched its network in 1991 as ValueVision, changing later to ShopNBC after a 2000 NBC 40% investment in VVM in June 2001. With the loss of ShopNBC affiliate WNEU, ValueVision bought WWDP in 2003 and affilated it with ShopNBC. In May 2013, ValueVision announced that it had acquired NBCUniversal's financial stake in the company. In doing so, ValueVision renamed the channel as ShopHQ no later than February 1, 2014. Additional, the company announced a May 4th quarter profit, the first quarterly profit in seven years.
- Mahoney, Kevin (May 23, 2013). "ValueVision Drops ShopNBC Name, Swings To A Profit". Twin Cities Business. Retrieved June 19, 2013.
- "Valuevision vamping NBC brand". Broadcasting & Cable. February 23, 2001. Retrieved June 24, 2010.
- "ValueVision network becomes ShopNBC". Broadcasting & Cable. March 12, 2001. Retrieved June 24, 2010.
- NBC to Sell Stake in ShopNBC, MultiChannel News, May 20, 2010
- Brooks Suzukamo, Leslie (June 24, 2010). "NBC holding on to ValueVision stake, for now". St. Paul Pioneer Press. Retrieved June 25, 2010.
- "Mark Bozek to succeed Keith Stewart at ShopHQ". NYPost. 2014-06-24. Retrieved 2014-07-08.
- "ValueVision to acquire Boston's WWDP television station". Boston Business Journal. 2003-01-13. Retrieved 2007-10-26.