|Industry||Social Commerce, Social media|
|Headquarters||Mountain View, California|
|Key people||Jai Rawat, Samir Palnitkar|
History and Services
ShopSocially was co-founded in 2009 by Jai Rawat and Samir Palnitkar. The pair has previously co-founded Obongo, acquired by AOL in 2001 and AirTight Networks. ShopSocially was initially launched as a destination site for social shopping where users could connect with their friends for shopping advice. However, like other similar attempts at that time such as Blippy and Swipely that model did not prove to be successful.
ShopSocially decided to pivot and launched a social sharing application for online retailers in April 2011  and announced some big name customers including Sephora, Zales and CafePress. In June 2012 ShopSocially announced the launch of a social commerce platform which included a number of different social applications.
ShopSocially was named the winner of LinkShare Technology Genius Award in July 2011, was the winner of 2013 TiE50 “Top Startup” Competition at TiEcon 2013, has been named as one of the most promising companies to watch by AlwaysOn  and was also recognized as a top 10 Internet startup by siliconindia. In April, 2013 Facebook released a case study  featuring ShopSocially.
ShopSocially combines the concepts of online shopping and social media. By enabling ShopSocially apps on their site, retailers can get visitors to share products and purchases, consult their friends for buying advice and increase Facebook fans.
Financials and Growth
ShopSocially has raised a total of nearly $1.7 million in venture and angel funds. Co-founder and CEO Jai Rawat sits on ShopSocially board along with co-founder Samir Palnitkar and Kiran Hebbar, Valhalla Partners. Advisory board members include Gokul Rajaram from Facebook and Mike Linton, CMO of Farmers.
- Perez, Sarah. “ShopSocially Launches Its Platform” TechCrunch. Jun. 22, 2012
-  Bloomberg Businessweek
-  AirTight Networks
- Rao, Leena. "ShopSocially Taps Into Your Social Graph For Product Recommendations" TechCrunch. May 18, 2010
- Gannes, Liz. "ShopSocially: Another(!) Site to Foster Conversations About Buying Products" GigaOm. May 18, 2010
- Kabra, Navin. "ShopSocial.ly – A Pune-based startup that marries Facebook to shopping"
- Wonham, Linc. "ShopSocially Unveils Social Connect for Merchants"
- Naidu, Prasant. "Interview With Samir Palnitkar, President at ShopSocially [Video]"
- Howen, Allison. "Three's a Charm for This Social Platform"
- "ShopSocially Wins Technology Genius Award for Social Commerce at LinkShare Golden Link Awards 2011"
- "View From the Top: It Pays to ShopSocially"
- "ShopSocially Named Winner of 2013 TiE50 “Top Startup” Competition at TiEcon 2013"
- "ShopSocially Selected by AlwaysOn as one of the Most Promising Companies to Watch"
- "Top 10 Internet Companies"
- "ShopSocially: The Shopping Recommendation Engine"
- "ShopSocially Drives Impactful Social ROI"
- "How ShopSocially uses social media to bring retailers and consumers closer"
- "How to Make Your E-Commerce Website Social"
- "Want to make your e-commerce site more social? Here's one way"
- "Crunchbase Profile for ShopSocially"