|— Town —|
|VT 74 in Shoreham|
|• Total||46.3 sq mi (120.0 km2)|
|• Land||43.5 sq mi (112.7 km2)|
|• Water||2.8 sq mi (7.3 km2)|
|Elevation||344 ft (105 m)|
|• Density||28.1/sq mi (10.8/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1462209|
According to the United States Census Bureau, the town has a total area of 46.3 square miles (120.0 km2), of which 43.5 square miles (112.7 km2) is land and 2.8 square miles (7.3 km2) (6.09%) is water.
As of the census of 2000, there were 1,222 people, 453 households, and 342 families residing in the town. The population density was 28.1 people per square mile (10.8/km2). There were 556 housing units at an average density of 12.8 per square mile (4.9/km2). The racial makeup of the town was 98.53% White, 0.65% African American, 0.25% Native American, 0.33% Asian, and 0.25% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 0.49% of the population.
There were 453 households out of which 36.2% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 64.7% were couples living together and joined in either marriage or civil union, 7.7% had a female householder with no husband present, and 24.3% were non-families. 18.1% of all households were made up of individuals and 6.0% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.70 and the average family size was 3.08.
In the town the age distribution of the population shows 27.5% under the age of 18, 6.1% from 18 to 24, 28.2% from 25 to 44, 25.9% from 45 to 64, and 12.4% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 38 years. For every 100 females there were 98.7 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 100.0 males.
The median income for a household in the town was $39,375, and the median income for a family was $43,958. Males had a median income of $27,321 versus $21,912 for females. The per capita income for the town was $17,650. About 4.9% of families and 7.5% of the population were below the poverty line, including 7.8% of those under age 18 and 4.7% of those age 65 or over.
Notable people 
- Ansel Briggs, first governor of Iowa
- John W. Cary, state senator from Wisconsin
- John Smith Chipman, lawyer and politician from Michigan
- Columbus Delano, United States Secretary of the Interior
- Richard G. Desautels, American POW held by North Korea and China under mysterious circumstances
- Selucius Garfielde, delegate from the Territory of Washington
- Silas H. Jennison, 14th governor of Vermont
- Augustus C. Hand, lawyer and justice of the New York Supreme Court
- Levi P. Morton, US congressman from New York and the 22nd Vice President of the U.S.
- Ebenezer J. Ormsbee, the 41st governor of Vermont
- Charles Rich, US congressman
- Thomas Rowley, poet known as "The Bard of the Green Mountains"
- Joel Turrill, US congressman from New York
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- Shoreham, Vermont Town Website
- Shoreham Historical Society
- About Shoreham VT Businesses and Attractions