||The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's general notability guideline. (May 2012)|
Shores is a band from Grand Rapids, Michigan, USA, recording on No Idea records. The band is often described as "slowcore". Shores began as a recording project between guitarist, vocalist and bass guitarist Brian Przybylski, and drummer John Massel in summer 2008. After the completion of their second LP, To Volstead, guitarist Sean Stearns and bass guitarist Billy Bartholomew were added to the band. Massel and Shores parted ways at the start of 2013.
Shores are most known for their frequent recording output, having released their first full-length LP, Coup de Grace at The Fest in October 2010, followed by three more records at The Fest 10 in October 2011. A split 7" single with their label and tour mates Creepoid was released on record store day in 2012, followed by a third full-length LP, Leavening, the following summer, when, according to the band's official web site, a third guitarist, Patrick Boylan, also joined the band.
- Coup de Grace(No Idea Records - October 31, 2010)
- To Volstead (No Idea Records - October 28, 2011)
- Leavening (No Idea Records - August 7, 2012)
- Precedents - TBA
EPs and split records
- "Little One"/"Something In The Way" 7" (No Idea Records - October 28, 2011)
- "Ritual" 12" collaboration/split with Charles the Osprey (No Idea Records - October 28, 2011)
- "Shores/Creepoid Split" 7" (No Idea Records - April 20, 2012)
- Neitherwise EP - TBA
- "Shores". No Idea Records. Retrieved May 28, 2012.
- "Tumblr Post".
- "Shores announce new album, "Leavening"". Altpress.com. March 5, 2012. Retrieved May 28, 2012.