|Directed by||Cess Silvera|
|Produced by||Jennifer Farrell
Antonio Piedra (uncredited line producer)
|Written by||Cess Silvera
|Music by||Stephen Marley|
|Edited by||Danny Saphire|
|Distributed by||Triumph Films
Shottas is a 2002 Jamaican crime film about two young men who participate in organized crime in Kingston, Jamaica and Miami, Florida. It stars Kymani Marley, Spragga Benz, Paul Campbell and Louie Rankin and was written and directed by Cess Silvera. Despite its low budget, the distribution of an unfinished bootleg made it a cult favourite long before its official limited release in the United States by Triumph Films and Destination Films in 2006.
The film tells the story of two young men, Biggs (Errol) (Kymani Marley) and Wayne (Spragga Benz), who grow up together in the tough and dangerous streets of (Waterhouse) Kingston. They rob a soda truck and shoot the truck driver while they are still children.
The robbery money is used to purchase visas to go the United States, where they continue their criminal activities, hustling on the streets of Miami. Twenty years later, Biggs is then deported to Jamaica where Wayne and Mad Max (Paul Campbell), also deported, have continued their surge in crime, they begin to extort money from business people. After facing problems with the police and politicians, the two head back to Miami alongside Mad Max. Upon returning, they are informed that Miami has a new king, Teddy Bruck Shut (Louie Rankin). The three pay Teddy a visit to extort him. They extort, beat, and murder their way to the top of the Miami underworld before their dream ends in a brazen shoot out, during which Teddy's thugs kill Wayne and shoot Max. Biggs almost gets shot as he comforts Wayne at his deathbed, but Max shoots the assailant before it happens. After taking Max to the hospital, Biggs goes to Teddy's house and murders him, his bodyguard and his girlfriend. Biggs then takes all and gets on a boat.
- Corey Agnant as "Richie's Son"
- Judith Bodley as "Mr. Chin's Secretary"
- Spragga Benz as "Wayne"
- Paul Campbell as "Mad Max"
- Stephen Cheong as "Mr. Chin"
- Andrew Davis as "John John"
- Fabien Dominique as "Abbey"
- Michael Gordon as "Soda Truck Driver"
- Carlton Grant Jr. as "Young Wayne"
- Leighton Hilton as "Airport Cop #2"
- Wyclef Jean as "Richie Effs"
- Papa Keith as "Carjack Victim"
- Desmond Kingas "Big Man"
- Isiah Laing as "Detective Laing"
- Marilyn Manhoe as "Marcia"
- Kymani Marley as "Biggs"
- Jabba Mitchell as "Dangles"
- Claudette Pious as "Auntie Pauline"
- Louie Rankin as "Teddy Bruck Shut"
- Prince Reed as "Jitney Driver"
- Dwight Richardson as "Immigration Inspector"
- Patrick Scott as "Sando"
- J.R. Silvera as "young Biggs".
- Jennifer Small as "Mr. Anderson's Secretary"
- Jahshi Spence as "Rasta Neville"
- Prince Thompson as "Ol' School"
- Rohan Wade as "Airport Cop #1"
- Munair Zacca as "Mr. Anderson"
- Nelson Zapata as "Papi"
- Damian Marley - Welcome to Jamrock
- Barry Brown - Far East
- Nitty Gritty - Trial and Crosses
- Little John - In the ghetto
- Bob Marley - Coming in from the cold
- Bounty Killer - Dead this time
- Hawkeye - Bad Long Time
- Spragga Benz & Lady Saw - Backshot
- Damian Marley - Catch a Fire
- Shaggy and the Big Yard Allstars - Gangster
- Tonto Irie - It a ring
- Ky-mani Marley - Fire
- Junior Cat - Would A Let You Go
- Pinchers - Bandelero
- John Wayne - Call the police
- Nicky Seizure - Quench the fire
- Ky-mani Marley - I Believe
- Ky-Enie - Rain
- Inner Circle - Discipline child (Live)
- Nicky Seizure - Revelation time
- Ky-mani Marley - The March
- Kenneth Milligan - Shottas
- Pan Head - Gun Man Tune
Big Yard - Gangsters
- NICK SCHAGER (2006-10-31). "FILM : MOVIE REVIEW : Shottas". Slant Magazine. Retrieved 2011-11-22.