Shout to the Lord
|This article does not cite any references or sources. (August 2013)|
On 9 April 2008, "Shout to the Lord" was the closing song on Idol Gives Back, sung by the remaining eight contestants of American Idol and a gospel choir. The lyrics of the song were altered, changing the word "Jesus" to "Shepherd" in the first line, without the approval of Zschech or Hillsong Church. At the request of the song's publishers, the song was performed again at the opening of the next show the following night, this time using the original lyrics. The studio version of the performance charted at number 43 in the Billboard Hot 100, based on digital download sales alone.
In 1998, the Brazilian band Diante do Trono, re-recorded "Shout to the Lord" twice in Portuguese as "Aclame ao Senhor".
Shout to the Lord appears on the following albums:
- Rivers of Joy, by Don Moen (1995)
- Authentic, by Chris Tomlin (1998) (Track 10)
- En Tu Presencia con Don Moen, by Don Moen (Track 10: Canta al Señor) (1999)
- Diante do Trono (1998)
- People Just Like Us (1994)
- Shout to the Lord (1996)
- Jump to the Jam (1996)
- Simply Worship (1997)
- I Believe the Promise (1997)
- Shout to the Lord 2000 (1998)
- Passion for Praise by Carman (1999)
- Ardent Worship by Skillet (2000)
- Extravagant Worship: The Songs of Darlene Zschech (2002)
- The Platinum Collection Volume 1: Shout to the Lord (2003)
- The Platinum Collection Volume 2: Shout to the Lord 2 (2003)
- Kiss of Heaven (2003)
- Ultimate Worship (2005)
- "American Idol "Shout to the Lord" Controversy and Results". Huffington Post. Retrieved 7 December 2013.
- "Hillsong Reacts to Idol's Shout to the Lord". CBN News. Retrieved 7 December 2013.
|This Christian music-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|