From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Show Boat (disambiguation))
|Look up showboat in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Showboat or show boat, is a boat which serves as a floating theater.
Showboat or Show Boat may refer to:
- Show Boat (novel), by Edna Ferber
Film and theater
- Show Boat, a 1927 musical by Jerome Kern and Oscar Hammerstein II based on the Ferber novel
- Show Boat (1929 film), adapted by Charles Kenyon and directed by Harry A. Pollard, based on the Ferber novel
- Show Boat (1936 film), adapted by Oscar Hammerstein II and directed by James Whale, based on the stage musical
- Show Boat (1951 film), adapted by John Lee Mahin and directed by George Sidney, based on the stage musical
- Show Boat (1959 cast album), a 1959 studio cast album featuring Shirley Bassey and Dora Bryan
- Show Boat (Kenny Dorham album), 1960
- Showboat Hotel & Casino, a Las Vegas casino later known as the Castaways Hotel and Casino
- Showboat Atlantic City, a casino located in Atlantic City, New Jersey
- Showboat East Chicago, a casino in East Chicago, Indiana originally owned by the same company that owned the Atlantic City and Las Vegas Showboat properties. It was later acquired by Harrah's and renamed Harrah's East Chicago then was acquired by Ameristar Casinos and is currently Ameristar Casino East Chicago.
- Nickname of American Battleship USS North Carolina (BB-55)
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Showboat.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.