Show Me a Hero
|Show Me a Hero|
|Based on||Show Me a Hero (1999 book) by Lisa Belkin|
|Directed by||Paul Haggis|
|Country of origin||United States|
|Picture format||1080i (HDTV)|
Show Me a Hero is an upcoming American miniseries based on the 1999 nonfiction book of the same name by Lisa Belkin. The book details a middle-class neighborhood's resistance to a public housing development in Yonkers, NY, and how these tensions affected the city as a whole. The miniseries was written by David Simon and William F. Zorzi and will be directed by Paul Haggis. Six episodes have been ordered by HBO and will premiere on August 16, 2015.
- Oscar Isaac as Nick Wasicsko, the youngest big-city mayor in the nation
- Catherine Keener as Mary Dorman, an East Yonkers homeowner
- Jim Belushi as Angelo R. Martinelli, a six-term Mayor of Yonkers
- Carla Quevedo as Nay Noe Wasicsko, a young naïf working at City Hall and Mayor Wasicsko's wife 
- Terry Kinney as Peter Smith, the Yonkers Housing Authority director
- Michael Stahl-David as James Surdoval, Wasicsko's political consultant
- Winona Ryder
- Alfred Molina
- Andreeva, Nellie (July 30, 2014). "HBO Greenlights David Simon Miniseries Starring Oscar Isaac & Catherine Keener". Deadline.com. Retrieved August 10, 2014.
- Kondolojy, Amanda (May 20, 2015). "'Show me a Hero' to Premiere on HBO Sunday August 16th at 9PM". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved May 20, 2015.
- "James Belushi, Terry Kinney & Michael Stahl-David Join HBO’s ‘Show Me A Hero’". Deadline.com. August 15, 2014. Retrieved August 15, 2014.