A showroom is a large space used to display products or show entertainment.
A showroom is a large space used to display products for sale, such as automobiles, furniture, appliances, carpet or apparel. The world's most famous locations for a showroom are the Champs Elysees in Paris or 5th Avenue in New York, where car manufacturers compete to have the most extravagant showroom.
One of the world's largest showrooms is the 35,000 square metres (380,000 sq ft) BMW showroom in Abu Dhabi. The biggest collection of showrooms is a 216,000-square-metre (2,330,000 sq ft) car showroom in Istanbul called Autopia Europia.
A showroom is a permanent enclosed space used to present a performance. Sometimes it will be customized for a particular show; for example, the Las Vegas Hilton showroom used for the rock opera Starlight Express was customized by pouring concrete ramps onto its stage area and in the seating area.
Some showrooms are used daily, while others are only used when a performer is booked to perform. In some cases, a showroom is leased to a performer, who then retains all income rather than being paid by the showroom owner..
In fashion capitals such as New York City, Paris, Milan or London one can find temporary showrooms. These places can be rented on a daily or weekly basis to host a showroom. Some temporary showrooms are managed with the help of event management agencies. Temporary showrooms can also be pop-up stores, which are short-term sales spaces.
Augmented Reality Showroom
|Look up showroom in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Showrooms (marketing location).|
- "The Ultimate Online Fashion Marketplace". Lashowroom.com. Retrieved 2012-03-22.
- "Luxury Fashion WholesaleMaeok". Maeok. Retrieved 2012-03-22.
- Horatiu Boeriu, BMW opens largest showroom worldwide in Abu Dhabi, BMW blog, 2012.
- Carscoops, World's Largest BMW Showroom Opens in Abu Dhabi, Best Selling Model in the M.E. is the 7-Series, 2012.
- World Buildings Directory, Autopia Europia.
- Mibz.com, Autopia Europia, The World’s Biggest Car Dealership, Will Have A Circuit On The Roof.