|Full name||Shozair Abbas Ali|
28 December 1992 |
Birmingham, Warwickshire, England
|Bowling style||Right-arm fast-medium|
|Domestic team information|
|Source: Cricinfo, 25 May 2013|
Educated at Queensbridge School and Moseley Sixth Form College, Ali played cricket when he was fourteen years of age. He was quickly scouted from Warwickshire district trials and has represented Warwickshire since under-15 level age-group cricket. In January 2012, he toured Bangladesh with the England Under-19s, making his Youth One Day International (YODI) debut against Bangladesh Under-19s, with him making three further YODI appearances during the tour. He was selected later in the year in England's fifteen man squad for the Under-19 Cricket World Cup in Australia. Prior to the tournament, England played a warm up quadrangular series against Australia, India and New Zealand Under-19s, with Ali playing in three matches. In the World Cup that followed, he made two appearances against Nepal and Bangladesh Under-19s.
Having played Second XI cricket since 2010, Ali made his full debut for Warwickshire in their first first-class match of the 2013 season against Oxford MCCU at the University Parks, scoring 10 runs in the match and taking the wickets of Tom Fell and Charlie Ellison.
- Bolton, Paul (11 January 2012). "Rapid rise propels Shozair on to England Under-19 tour". The Cricketer. Retrieved 25 May 2013.
- "Teams Shozair Ali played for". CricketArchive. Retrieved 25 May 2013.
- "Under-19 ODI Matches played by Shozair Ali". CricketArchive. Retrieved 25 May 2013.
- "England Under-19s Squad / ICC Under-19 World Cup, 2012". ESPNcricinfo. 6 July 2012. Retrieved 25 May 2013.
- "First-Class Matches played by Shozair Ali". CricketArchive. Retrieved 25 May 2013.
- "Oxford MCCU v Warwickshire, 2013". CricketArchive. Retrieved 25 May 2013.