||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2012)|
Shraddha Das at Dil Toh Baccha Hai Ji music launch
March 4, 1987 |
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Shraddha Das (born March 4, 1987) is an Indian film actress who has mainly appeared in Telugu films.
Shraddha Das was born in Mumbai, Maharashtra to Bengali parents. Her father is a businessman, who hails from Purulia, her mother is a housewife. She was brought up in Mumbai, where she completed her studies. Shraddha graduated from University of Mumbai at SIES College of Commerce and Economics with a Bachelor of Mass Media degree in journalism.
Shraddha Das made her acting debut in 2008 with the Telugu film Sidhu from Srikakulam. She thereafter starred in a number of Telugu films, including Target, 18, 20 Love Story, Diary and Adhineta, which all proved to be critically and commercially unsuccessful. She played the other female lead in the remake of Maro Charitra produced by Dil Raju, opposite Varun Sandesh. Due to her appearances in the sequels of Arya (Arya 2), Mantra (Diary) and Chandramukhi (Nagavalli), Shraddha Das acquired the nickname "sequel queen".
She landed a lead role in Sai Om Films' maiden venture Lahore, directed by Sanjay Puran Singh Chauhan. Shraddha played a Pakistani character in the film, cast opposite Aanaahad, and received critical acclaim for her performance. The film was released in March 2010 and won awards at the 42nd WorldFest-Houston International Film Festival. Her second Hindi film was Dil Toh Baccha Hai Ji that released in 2011. In the next two years she appeared in one film each, Hosa Prema Purana and Dracula 2012 which were her Kannada and Malayalam debut, respectively.
In 2014, she made her Bengali debut with The Royal Bengal Tiger. In her upcoming venture, Rey, she plays an American pop singer. She has stated that her role in the film "is almost on par with that of the hero" and that "There's a certain amount of eccentricity in my character". She has completed filming on two Bollywood films — Lucky Kabootar and Chai Shai Biscuit  and is working on Zid produced by Anubhav Sinha.
|2008||Siddu From Sikakulam||Nisha||Telugu|
|18, 20 Love Story||Bharathi||Telugu|
|2011||Dil Toh Baccha Hai Ji||Gungun Sarkar||Hindi|
|2012||Hosa Prema Purana||Sanjana||Kannada|
|2014||The Royal Bengal Tiger||Nandini||Bengali|
|Chai Shai Biscuits||Hindi||Filming|
- Madhuparna Das (2010-08-19). "The Telegraph - Calcutta (Kolkata) | Entertainment | This film will make my life". Telegraphindia.com (Calcutta, India). Retrieved 2012-03-06.
- "Shradda Das in Kannada - Kannada Movie News". IndiaGlitz. Retrieved 2012-03-06.
- "Shraddha makes Bengali film debut - The Times of India". The Times Of India.
- "Shraddha to play a pop singer". The Times Of India. 2011-11-12. Retrieved 2012-03-06.
- "I've learnt to say 'no' to roles I don't like : Shraddha Das - The Times of India". The Times Of India.
- "Shraddha Das goes to Bollywood - The Times of India". The Times Of India.
- "Tollywood". The Telegraph (Calcutta, India). 2014-01-24.