|This article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2011)|
|Service type||Superfast, nonstop|
|Locale||New Delhi, Uttar Pradesh, Bihar|
|Current operator(s)||East Central Railway|
|End||New Delhi Railway Station|
|Distance travelled||1,103 km (685 mi)|
|Average journey time||20 hours 55 minutes|
|Class(es)||AC 1st Class, AC 2 Tier, AC 3 Tier, Sleeper 3 Tier, General|
|Catering facilities||Pantry car coach attached|
|Track gauge||1,676 mm (5 ft 6 in)|
|Operating speed||78 km/h (48 mph) average with halts avg speed between ghaziabad and moradabad is 68 kmph|
The Shramjeevi Express (Hindi: श्रमजीवी एक्स्प्रेस) is a daily superfast express train of Indian Railways, running between Rajgir, near Nalanda, Bihar, and New Delhi, the capital city of India. Previously it was running between Patna and New Delhi, later extended to Rajgir. this is fastest train (12392) between ghaziabad and moradabad covers journey only in 2 hours The name Shramjeevi signifies the employee/worker, dependent on physical/mental labour (Shram) for their livelihood (Jeevi).
Numbers, times, and distances
- Train No. 12391 departs from Rajgir daily at 08:10 AM to arrive New Delhi at 05:10 AM next day; covering 1103 km in 21 hrs
- Train No. 12392 departs from New Delhi daily at 01:15 PM to arrive Rajgir at 10:10 AM next day; covering 1103 km in 20:55 hrs
it runs via varanasi,sultanpur,lucknow,bareilly(be),moradabad and ghaziabad
Coach composition & loco
The train generally consists of a total number of 23 Coaches as follos:
- 1 AC First Class cum AC II Tier
- 2 AC II Tier cum AC III Tier
- 1 AC III Tier
- 1 Pantry Car
- 12 Sleeper Class
- 4 General Compartment
- 2 General Compartment cum Brake/Luggage VAN
- Loco: WDP-4
speciality-fastest and nonstop train between ghaziabad and bareilly,it takes 3hrs 33minutes to cover journey.
- The train was first introduced between Patna Junction (PNBE) and New Delhi (NDLS)on 2 October 1991 (Gandhi Jayanti).
- Later Nalanda Express run in between Rajgir (RGD) and New Delhi (NDLS), which use to attach/detach with Shramjeevi Express at Patna Junction (PNBE).
- Now whole rake runs between Rajgir (RGD) and New Delhi (NDLS), as Shramjeevi Express.
- Earlier the train belonged to Northern Railway with serial no as 2401/2402, now Rake belongs to East Central Railway, with serial number exchanged with Magadh Express.
- One of the few Indian Railways train used to hauled by twin WDM-2 loco, now been replaced by WDP 4
- dibrugarh rajdhani Express 12436
- newdelhi maldatown Express 14004
- jaisalmer howrah superfast Express 12372