Shrewsbury International School
|This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (May 2012)|
|Motto||Intus Si Recte Ne Labora
(Latin: "If Right Within, Trouble Not")
|Staff||circa. 150 (full-time)|
|Students||circa. 1.500 students|
Shrewsbury International School is a British international day school in Bang Kho Laem District, Bangkok, Thailand. It was established in 2003. Although it is an independent school, it is closely affiliated to Shrewsbury School in the UK. The school is divided into 3 schools: Pre prep school, Prep school and Senior school, which includes sixth form. The school follows the British curriculum. It is considered one of the better mid-tier international schools in Bangkok.
Shrewsbury International School was founded in 2003. The current Principal is Mr. Stephen Holroyd, who arrived at Shrewsbury International School in 2006. Mr Holroyd worked at Shrewsbury School in the UK for 20 years, first as an English teacher then rising to be Deputy Master before his appointment to Bangkok.
Facilities at Shrewsbury include:
- Library, with 32,000 books, CDs & DVDS
- Auditorium called the Khunying Sumanee Memorial Hall, seating 580 people
- A Recital Hall located in the Music Department
- Interactive white boards in every classroom
- Fully equipped computer suites (Apple Mac and PC)
- Three gymnasiums
- Three tennis courts
- Two sports fields (one with running track)
- Three outdoor playgrounds
- Dining room, serving hot lunches every day
- Aquatics centre – including learners’ pool, junior pool (also used for water polo) and championship pool with electronic racing blocks and scoreboard
The school is accredited by the Council for Internationals Schools, the New England Association of Schools and Colleges, and ONESQA. It is also affiliated to the Federation of British International Schools in South and East Asia (FOBISSEA) and is a member of the Headmasters’ and Headmistresses’ Conference (HMC).
- "Contact Us. Shrewsbury International School. Retrieved on 6 March 2013.[dead link]
- "International Schools in Thailand – An Inside Look". Thai Visa News. 20 February 2015. Retrieved 18 March 2015.
- Shrewsbury International School (official website)