Shri Guru Gobind Singhji Institute of Engineering and Technology
|Shri Guru Gobind Singhji Institute of Engineering and Technology|
SGGS Entrance Gate
|Govt. Engg. College|
|Type||Govt-aided Autonomous Engineering & Technological Institute|
|Chairman||Government of Maharashtra|
|Director||Dr. L. M. Waghmare|
|Undergraduates||340+120(DSE) Annual Intake|
|Location||Nanded, Maharashtra, India|
Shri Guru Gobind Singhji Institute of Engineering and Technology (SGGS, in short) at Nanded is an autonomous institute set up and entirely funded by the Government of Maharashtra. The institute is approved by the All India Council for Technical Education, Government of India. The institute is entirely autonomous - academic, financial and administrative and is one of the five such institutes in Maharashtra.
The SGGS Institute of Engineering and Technology is located over a campus of over 18.62 hectare, on land donated by Sant Baba Harnam Singh Langer Sahib Gurudwara trust and is named after the tenth Sikh guru Gobind Singh.  The institute is affiliated to Swami Ramanand Teerth Marathwada University, Nanded, It started with two under-graduate programmes in 1981 and presently offers under-graduate, post-graduate and doctoral programmes in science, engineering and technology.
The institute is an autonomous institute and has been approved by th All India Council for Technical Education (AIICTE). In 2011 it had a first year intake capacity of 575 for its under-graduate courses which included 105 seats under AICTE's tuition fee waiver scheme.
Admission to under-graduate courses
Although in 2011 admission to under-graduate courses to the institute was conducted on-line along with 309 other engineering colleges of Maharashtra, with an intake of 114000 seats, the institute has a separate merit list which includes the other four autonomous colleges of Maharashtra.
The institute is one of the five institutes in Maharashtra State which have been granted total autonomy – academic, financial and administrative. The chairman is Baba Kalyani, chairman of Bharat Forge Ltd.. The Present Director of the institute is Mr.Dr.L.M.Waghmare.
The institute is spread over 18.62 hectare. recently institute had completed the construction of new entrance gate.Its open to use from 26 jan2015
Pragyaa is the national level technical festival of this college. It was started in 2005.
The college has its own rock band that plays its own compositions in this festival. Evenings are illuminated with crackers. Technical/animated movies are screened in the lounge on a 12 ft x 16 ft background. Pragyaa showcases talent from all fields of engineering.
Other Government Engineering Colleges (GEC's) in Maharashtra
- College of Engineering, Pune
- Government College of Engineering, Amravati
- Government College of Engineering, Aurangabad
- Government College Of Engineering, Chandrapur
- Government College of Engineering, Jalgaon
- Government College of Engineering, Karad
- Veermata Jijabai Technological Institute, Mumbai
- "History". Shri Guru Gobind Singhji Institute of Engineering and Technology. 2009-01-29. Retrieved 2011-07-06.
- "director". Retrieved 3 November 2014.
- "About us". Shri Guru Gobind Singhji Institute of Engineering and Technology. 2009-01-29. Retrieved 2011-07-06.
- Kothari, Vishwas (2011-07-04). "Delayed engg admissions will hit our academic calendar". www.timesofindia.com. Bennett, Coleman & Co. Ltd. Retrieved 2011-07-06.
- HT Correspondent (2011-06-15). "Engineering cut-offs may fall". hindustantimes.com. HT Media Limited. Retrieved 2011-07-06.
- Waghmare, Laxman. "Director".