Shri Guru Gobind Singhji Institute of Engineering and Technology
Shri Guru Gobind Singhji Institute of Engineering and Technology, at Nanded (SGGS, in short) is an autonomous institute set up and entirely funded by the Government of Maharashtra. The institute is approved by the All India Council for Technical Education, Government of India. The institute is entirely autonomous - academic, financial and administrative and is one of the five such institutes in Maharashtra.
The SGGS Institute of Engineering and Technology is located over a campus of over 18.62 hectare, on land donated by Sant Baba Harnam Singh Langer Sahib Gurudwara trust and is named after the tenth Sikh guru Gobind Singh.  The institute is affiliated to Swami Ramanand Teerth Marathwada University, Nanded, It started with two under-graduate programmes in 1981 and presently offers under-graduate, post-graduate and doctoral programmes in science, engineering and technology.
The institute is an autonomous institute and has been approved by th All India Council for Technical Education (AIICTE). In 2011 it had a first year intake capacity of 575 for its under-graduate courses which included 105 seats under AICTE's tuition fee waiver scheme.
Admission to under-graduate courses
Although in 2011 admission to under-graduate courses to the institute was conducted on-line along with 309 other engineering colleges of Maharashtra, with an intake of 114000 seats, the institute has a separate merit list which includes the other four autonomous colleges of Maharashtra.
The institute is one of the five institutes in Maharashtra State which have been granted total autonomy – academic, financial and administrative. The chairman is Baba Kalyani, chairman of Bharat Forge Ltd.. The Present Director of the institute is Mr.Dr.L.M.Waghmare.
The college is spread over 18.62 hectare.
Other Government Engg. Colleges(GECs) in MH
- Government College Of Engineering, Chandrapur
- Government College of Engineering, Amravati
- Government College of Engineering, Karad
- Government College of Engineering, Aurangabad
- "About us". Shri Guru Gobind Singhji Institute of Engineering and Technology. 2009-01-29. Retrieved 2011-07-06.
- Kothari, Vishwas (2011-07-04). "Delayed engg admissions will hit our academic calendar". www.timesofindia.com. Bennett, Coleman & Co. Ltd. Retrieved 2011-07-06.
- "History". Shri Guru Gobind Singhji Institute of Engineering and Technology. 2009-01-29. Retrieved 2011-07-06.
- HT Correspondent (2011-06-15). "Engineering cut-offs may fall". hindustantimes.com. HT Media Limited. Retrieved 2011-07-06.
- Waghmare, Laxman. "Director".