|Please add Japanese script to this article, where needed.|
|Occupation||Video game designer, game director, game producer|
Shu Takumi (巧 舟 Takumi Shū) is a Japanese video game developer working at Capcom who is the main developer of the core Ace Attorney series, serving as director and scriptwriter for each game. In addition, he provided the Japanese voice for Phoenix Wright throughout the series and composed the song "Guitar's Serenade," for the video game Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney.
Shu Takumi joined Capcom in 1994 along with Hideki Kamiya. His first game was Gakkou no Kowai Uwasa: Hanako-san ga Kita!! (学校のコワイうわさ 花子さんがきた!!). In 1998, Capcom assigned him to cooperate with Shinji Mikami to release Resident Evil 2. After the commercial success of Dino Crisis, Capcom asked their developers to bring a new sequel to this game. Takumi asked them to work in the sequel as a director. Capcom accepted his request. Like its predecessor, Dino Crisis 2 received a positive response from critics, and it was a commercial success. In 2001, Takumi decided to continue creating games in the visual novel genre. Therefore, he created Ace Attorney. He also is the creator of the stand-alone game Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective. Takumi was not involved in the development of Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Dual Destinies due to concentrating his efforts on Professor Layton vs. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney.
Shu Takumi is credited in the following games:
- Gakkou no Kowai Uwasa: Hanako-san ga Kita!! (1995)
- Resident Evil 2 (1998)
- Dino Crisis (1999) - Main Planner
- Dino Crisis 2 (2000) - Director
- Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (2001) - Plan/Scenario/Director
- Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney: Justice For All (2002) - Plan/Scenario/Director
- Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney: Trials and Tribulations (2004) - Plan/Scenario/Director
- Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney (2007) - Original Creator/Series Director
- Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective (2010) - Game Design/Scenario/Direction
- Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 (2011)
- Professor Layton vs. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (2012) - Game Design/Scenario/Direction
- Untitled upcoming Ace Attorney game (TBA) - Director
- Sheffield, Brandon (23 August 2010). "Q&A: Ghost Trick's Shu Takumi On Crafting Mysteries And Strong Characters". Gamasutra. Retrieved 17 March 2011.
- Kleinberg, Dante (6 June 2010). "Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective archived preview". Adventure Gamers. Retrieved 17 March 2011.
- Gantayat, Anoop (19 October 2010). "Layton and Ace Attorney Team Up on 3DS". IGN. Retrieved 17 March 2011.
- Ashcraft, Brian (13 February 201). "Capcom Is Making a New Ace Attorney". Kotaku. Retrieved 13 February 2014.