Shukla (Sanskrit: शुक्ल) is a word of Sanskrit origin that means "white". It is used as a surname in North India and around Nashik in Maharashtra, by Kanyakubja Brahmins, Bhumihar Brahmins and Saryupareen Brahmins. It is also used as a surname in some other countries. Some Shuklas are classified under Brahmakshatriya subcaste of Brahmins. Shukla surname is also common to other Brahmin communities like Sompura Brahmin, Saraswat Brahmin and others. Shukla is also found among Sompura Salat, who have branched from Brahmin community.
Deepesh Shukla Youngest Executive Body member of Bhopal Bar Association NLIU Bhopal passout and having fastest growth in Advocacy..==Notable persons==
- Ramchandra Shukla, literary figure
- Baikuntha Shukla nationalist and revolutionary
- Jagdish Shukla, meteorologist
- Jhanak Shukla, actress
- Laxmi Ratan Shukla, cricketer
- Padma Kant Shukla, distinguished professor and first international chair of the Physics and Astronomy Department and Foreign Member of the Physics Class of the Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences.
- Rajeev Shukla, journalist
- Ram Chandra Shukla, painter
- Ram Kishore Shukla, Indian National Congress leader
- Ravishankar Shukla, premier of CP & Berar and the first Chief Minister of Madhya Pradesh.
- Saurabh Shukla, actor
- Siddharth Shukla, television actor mainly known for his lead role in Balika Vadhu.
- Shilpa Shukla, actress
- Shyama Charan Shukla, three-term Chief Minister of Madhya Pradesh, an irrigation visionary and aviator
- Sri Lal Sukla, who won the Sahitya Akademi and Jnanpith awards for literary contribution to the Hindi language.
- Vidya Charan Shukla, Indian cabinet minister who held various portfolios
- Vijai Shukla Indian-Danish food scientist.
- Yogendra Shukla, Indian Nationalist.
- Shri Rajendra Shukla, three-year times MLA from Rewa Madhya Pradesh and minister of Energy, Mineral Resources in MP Government.
- Shukla paksha, the bright lunar fortnight in the Hindu calendar
- Shukla Yajurveda, a Hindu text, also known as the White Yajurveda
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.