|This article needs additional citations for verification. (October 2009)|
Shunyi Olympic Rowing-Canoeing Park
Location of Shunyi District in Beijing
|Country||People's Republic of China|
|Township-level divisions||6 subdistricts
|• Total||1,020 km2 (390 sq mi)|
|• Density||620/km2 (1,600/sq mi)|
|Time zone||China Standard (UTC+8)|
Shunyi has large communities of foreign expatriates.
Shunyi District has an area of 1,020 square kilometres (390 sq mi) and a population of 636,479 (2000 Census). The district is divided into 5 subdistricts of the city of Shunyi, the Airport subdistrict, and 19 towns. The urban area of Shunyi (2000 Census population 104,952 in Subdistricts) has an area of 19 km2 (7.3 sq mi) and has an estimated urban area population of 190,000. Other important urban areas are Tianzhu/Jichang (55,000 estimated population, Jichang is an exclave of Chaoyang District surrounded by Shunyi District), Houshayu (45,000), Yangzhen (22,000), and Mapo (22,000).
Southern Shunyi is a hive of construction activity - not unlike hundreds of other parts of China. In the Tianzhu Development Zone - the region abutting the airport to the west - the largest international exhibition centre in China has just been opened. The first exhibition was a clothing exhibition was held from March 29 to 31, 2008 and the second was the Auto Show 2008 from April 22 to April 28, 2008. So far, eight exhibition halls of the Chinese International Exhibition Centre have been built : East and West Halls, numbered 1 through 4; a temporary West 7 hall was built especially for the Auto Show and has been taken down. East and West 5 and 6 will be built on the current grounds of Beijing Limai School which will be moving 5 km (3.1 mi) west and changing its name to Beijing Xin Yingcai School in early June 2008. East 7 will be built on the territory currently occupied by the village of Hualikanr.
The International School of Beijing (ISB) is located in Shunyi District in the region known as the "Beijing Central Villas District" - the area immediately to the south of the new International Exhibition Centre - more particularly just north of Yosemite Villa. Across the road from ISB is the new campus of the British International School which moved to this location during the summer of 2009. From west to east, the villas include EuroVillage, River Garden, Le Leman Lake, Capital Paradise, Gahood, Yosemite and Dragon Bay Villa and Rose & Gingko. In addition to having many different housing complexes there are also several small shopping malls nearby including Europlaza, Pinnacle Plaza and Lakeview.
When Beijing Capital International Airport was first built, Shunyi was a subdistrict of Chaoyang. When Shunyi was promoted to full districtship, Chaoyang maintained direct control over the airport so although the airport is completely surrounded by Shunyi district, it is not administratively in Shunyi; it pays its taxes to the Chaoyang government.
- Shengli Subdistrict (胜利街道), Guangming Subdistrict (光明街道), Shiyuan Subdistrict (石园街道), Shuangfeng Subdistrict (双丰街道), Wangquan Subdistrict (旺泉街道), Konggang Subdistrict (空港街道)
- Renhe (仁和地区), Houshayu (后沙峪地区), Tianzhu (天竺地区), Yangzhen (杨镇地区), Niulanshan (牛栏山地区), Nanfaxin (南法信地区), Mapo (马坡地区)
- Gaoliying (高丽营镇), Liqiao (李桥镇), Lisui (李遂镇), Nancai (南彩镇), Beiwu (北务镇), Dasungezhuang (大孙各庄镇), Zhang (张镇), Longwantun (龙湾屯镇), Mulin (木林镇), Beixiaoying (北小营镇), Beishicao (北石槽镇), Zhaoquanying (赵全营镇)
The center of Shunyi is near the north-eastern 6th Ring Road.
The Northern Approach Route of the Airport Expressway will pass through Shunyi District.
Air China has its headquarters in Zone A of the Tianzhu Airport Industrial Zone (S: 天竺空港工业区, T: 天竺空港工業區, P: Tiānzhú Kōng Gǎng Gōngyèqū) in the Shunyi District. Okay Airways has its headquarters in a separate Air China facility.
Beijing Hyundai Motor Company (BHMC, Chinese: S: 北京现代汽车有限公司, T: 北京現代汽車有限公司, P: Běijīng Xiàndài Qìchē Yǒuxiàngōngsī, Korean: 북경현대), a 50-50 joint venture of the Beijing Automotive Industry Holding Co. and Hyundai Motor Company, has its head office and factory in the Linhe Industrial Development Zone (S: 林河工业开发区, T: 林河工業開發區, P: Línhé Gōngyè Kāifāqū) in Shunyi District.
Ritchie Bros Auctioneers (Beijing) Co Ltd (Chinese S: 利氏兄弟拍卖（北京）有限公司, T: 利氏兄弟拍賣（北京）有限公司), subsidiary of Ritchie Bros Auctioneers Inc of Burnaby, British Columbia, Canada is an investor in the Tianzhu Free Trade Zone and is the first Wholly Owned Foreign Auction Company in China.
International schools located in Shunyi District include:
- International School of Beijing Shunyi Campus
- The British School of Beijing Shunyi Campus
- Dulwich College Beijing - Legend Garden Campus (ages 7–18) and Legend Early Years Campus (ages 1–4)
- Beijing REGO British School
- International Montessori School of Beijing River Garden Campus and Champagne Cove Campus
- Beijing New Talent Academy
- KinStar International Bilingual School
||This article includes a list of references, but its sources remain unclear because it has insufficient inline citations. (October 2009)|
- Ren, Xuefei. "Territorial Expansion and State Rescaling: A Critique of Suburbanization Studies in China" (Chapter 15). In: Clapson, Mark and Ray Hutchison (editors). Suburbanization in Global Society. Emerald Group Publishing, 2010. Start page 347. ISBN 0857243470, 9780857243478. Cited p. 360.
- "2011年统计用区划代码和城乡划分代码：顺义区" (in Simplified Chinese). National Bureau of Statistics of the People's Republic of China. Retrieved 2013-08-07.
- These are officially classified as towns, but as they coincide with the area of the same name, they are commonly named "areas" (地区)
- "Air China." Pacific Asia Travel Association. Retrieved on December 27, 2011. "Air China 7th Floor, West Wing, Air China HQ Building, 30 Tianzhu Road, Tianzhu Airport Economic Development Zone, Beijing, China (PRC), 101312"
- "联系方式." Okay Airways. November 21, 2011. Retrieved on December 27, 2011. "北京市顺义区天竺空港工业区A区天柱中路16号"
- "HYUNDAI SIGNS A DEAL TO BUILD A THIRD PLANT IN CHINA." Hyundai Motor Company. Retrieved on October 20, 2012.
- "북경현대[BHMC (Beijing Hyundai Motor Company:중국생산법인)]." Hyundai Motor Group. Retrieved on October 20, 2012. "주소 : Northside of Shunanghi Dajie, Westside of Shuntong Road, Shunyi District, Linhe Industrial Development Zone, Beijing , Peoples Republic of China "
- "联系我们." (Archive, Image, Archive, Image 2, Archive) Beijing Hyundai Motor Company. Retrieved on October 20, 2012. "厂址 北京市顺义区林河工业开发区顺通路18号 邮政编码: 101300
- "U.S. Embassy Auction." (Archive) U.S. State Department. "U.S. Embassy Warehouse – No.18 Tianzhu Road, Area A, Beijing Tianzhu Airport Industrial Zone Shunyi, Beijing (See attached map)" and "北京市顺义区天竺空港工业区A区天柱路18号"
- "Shunyi Campus." The British School of Beijing. Retrieved on 20 June 2013. "Address to our Shunyi Campus: South Side, No.9 An Hua Street, Shunyi District Beijing 101318, China 北京英国学校（顺义校区）北京市顺义区安华街9号南院，邮编：101318" Map.
- "Contact & Visitor Info." Dulwich College Beijing. Retrieved on June 20, 2013. " Legend Garden Campus 7 - 18 year olds 89 Capital Airport Road Shunyi District Beijing 101300 PRC 北京德威英国国际学校 北京市顺义区首都机场路89号丽京花园7区 邮编：101300" and "Legend Early Years Campus 1 - 4 year olds 89 Capital Airport Road Shunyi District Beijing 101300 PRC 北京德威英国国际学校 北京市顺义区首都机场路89号丽京花园4区 邮编：101300"
- "Home." Beijing REGO British School. "ADD: No. 15 Liyuan Street, Tianzhu County, Shunyi District Beijing, China 101312"
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Shunyi District.|