||This article needs additional citations for verification. (October 2009)|
|— District —|
|Country||People's Republic of China|
|• Total||1,020 km2 (390 sq mi)|
|• Density||620/km2 ( 1,600/sq mi)|
|Time zone||China Standard (UTC+8)|
Shunyi District has an area of 1,020 square kilometres (390 sq mi) and a population of 636,479 (2000 Census). The district is divided into 5 subdistricts of the city of Shunyi, the Airport subdistrict, and 19 towns. The urban area of Shunyi (2000 Census population 104,952 in Subdistricts) has an area of 19 km2 (7.3 sq mi) and has an estimated urban area population of 190,000. Other important urban areas are Tianzhu/Jichang (55,000 estimated population, Jichang is an exclave of Chaoyang District surrounded by Shunyi District), Houshayu (45,000), Yangzhen (22,000), and Mapo (22,000).
Southern Shunyi is a hive of construction activity - not unlike hundreds of other parts of China. In the Tianzhu Development Zone - the region abutting the airport to the west - the largest international exhibition centre in China has just been opened. The first exhibition was a clothing exhibition was held from March 29 to 31, 2008 and the second was the Auto Show 2008 from April 22 to April 28, 2008. So far, eight exhibition halls of the Chinese International Exhibition Centre have been built : East and West Halls, numbered 1 through 4; a temporary West 7 hall was built especially for the Auto Show and has been taken down. East and West 5 and 6 will be built on the current grounds of Beijing Limai School which will be moving 5 km (3.1 mi) west and changing its name to Beijing Xin Yingcai School in early June 2008. East 7 will be built on the territory currently occupied by the village of Hualikanr.
The International School of Beijing (ISB) is located in Shunyi District in the region known as the "Beijing Central Villas District" - the area immediately to the south of the new International Exhibition Centre - more particularly just north of Yosemite Villa. Across the road from ISB is the new campus of the British International School which moved to this location during the summer of 2009. From west to east, the villas include EuroVillage, River Garden, Le Leman Lake, Capital Paradise, Gahood, Yosemite and Dragon Bay Villa and Rose & Gingko. In addition to having many different housing complexes there are also several small shopping malls nearby including Europlaza, Pinnacle Plaza and Lakeview.
When Beijing Capital International Airport was first built, Shunyi was a subdistrict of Chaoyang. When Shunyi was promoted to full districtship, Chaoyang maintained direct control over the airport so although the airport is completely surrounded by Shunyi district, it is not administratively in Shunyi; it pays its taxes to the Chaoyang government.
The center of Shunyi is near the north-eastern 6th Ring Road.
The Northern Approach Route of the Airport Expressway will pass through Shunyi District.
Air China has its headquarters in Zone A of the Tianzhu Airport Industrial Zone (S: 天竺空港工业区, T: 天竺空港工業區, P: Tiānzhú Kōng Gǎng Gōngyèqū) in the Shunyi District. Okay Airways has its headquarters in a separate Air China facility.
Beijing Hyundai Motor Company (BHMC, Chinese: S: 北京现代汽车有限公司, T: 北京現代汽車有限公司, P: Běijīng Xiàndài Qìchē Yǒuxiàngōngsī, Korean: 북경현대), a 50-50 joint venture of the Beijing Automotive Industry Holding Co. and Hyundai Motor Company, has its head office and factory in the Linhe Industrial Development Zone (S: 林河工业开发区, T: 林河工業開發區, P: Línhé Gōngyè Kāifāqū) in Shunyi District.
Ritchie Bros Auctioneers (Beijing) Co Ltd (Chinese S: 利氏兄弟拍卖（北京）有限公司), subsidiary of Ritchie Bros Auctioneers Inc of Burnaby, British Columbia, Canada is an investor in the Tianzhu Free Trade Zone and is the first Wholly Owned Foreign Auction Company in China.
Diplomatic missions 
||This article includes a list of references, but its sources remain unclear because it has insufficient inline citations. (October 2009)|
- "Air China." Pacific Asia Travel Association. Retrieved on December 27, 2011. "Air China 7th Floor, West Wing, Air China HQ Building, 30 Tianzhu Road, Tianzhu Airport Economic Development Zone, Beijing, China (PRC), 101312"
- "联系方式." Okay Airways. November 21, 2011. Retrieved on December 27, 2011. "北京市顺义区天竺空港工业区A区天柱中路16号"
- "HYUNDAI SIGNS A DEAL TO BUILD A THIRD PLANT IN CHINA." Hyundai Motor Company. Retrieved on October 20, 2012.
- "북경현대[BHMC (Beijing Hyundai Motor Company:중국생산법인)]." Hyundai Motor Group. Retrieved on October 20, 2012. "주소 : Northside of Shunanghi Dajie, Westside of Shuntong Road, Shunyi District, Linhe Industrial Development Zone, Beijing , Peoples Republic of China "
- "联系我们." (Archive, Image, Archive, Image 2, Archive) Beijing Hyundai Motor Company. Retrieved on October 20, 2012. "厂址 北京市顺义区林河工业开发区顺通路18号 邮政编码: 101300
- "U.S. Embassy Auction." (Archive) U.S. State Department. "U.S. Embassy Warehouse – No.18 Tianzhu Road, Area A, Beijing Tianzhu Airport Industrial Zone Shunyi, Beijing (See attached map)" and "北京市顺义区天竺空港工业区A区天柱路18号"
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to: Shunyi District|